Search results

1. R

WTB - Chelsio T520-BT

Title says it all. Looking for a Chelsio T520-BT with a full height bracket. I'm located in the US and would like to buy from within the lower 48 states.
  2. R

Memory boot issues

The SuperMicro manuals only show a configuration of 4 dimms for 2 cpu minimum. I also doubt it's shorts since the memory that came with each system works fine. I was wanting to go from the 64GB to the new 128GB set.
  3. R

Memory boot issues

I purchased a matched 16 set of Samsung M393B1G70QH0-CK0 8GB PC3-12800R memory off eBay. I have tried a couple different combinations of them in two SuperMicro servers. They have X9DRi-LN4F+ and X9DRi motherboards with two Xeons each. I pulled the existing memory kits from each server...
  4. R

Looking for alternative to Windows 2019, thinking FreeNAS

Current hardware: SuperMicro 846E X9DRI-F 2x Intel E5-2630L V2 64GB ECC REG HP H220 IT Mode or LSI 9201-8i Intel X550T2 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter 1 x 500GB Samsung SSD for OS 6 x HGST 6TB NAS 9 x Seagate IronWolf 6TB 2 x 10TB WD White label 5 x 8TB WD White label 4 x 250GB Samsung SSD...
  5. R

Expanding storage spaces parity array

It doesn't matter if you do tiering or not, parity requires you to add enough disks to cover the number of columns specified. Think of it as a row of bricks. If you have 3 columns, that means that 3 bricks are lined up in a row. When you expand, you are adding a new row and needs the same...
  6. R

RDMA slow in one direction.

I've had a lot of issues with Windows 2019 and Windows 10 machines past the initial release build. I found that disabling Large Send Offload, Receive Side Scaling and Recv Segment Coalescing on the adapters resolved the issue. Might be worth digging into and seeing if that helps.
  7. R

Identifying Counterfeit Intel Gigabit CT Network Adapters

Are those both counterfeit or what are we looking at? Would be helpful to put that in the thread if others are linking in photos.