Search results

1. L

Backup on mDisc or Tape Drive

I would definitely use tape for this application, If you go with LTO 5 (1.5gb) drive and tapes you can upgrade later on to LTO 7(6gb) and the new drive will read your old LTO 5 tapes. There is good deals from time to time on ebay, i prefer going with Sas drives as built in controllers in...
  2. L

thanks i will give that a try
  3. L

I had so many hard drive failures over the years, i would not recommend using them for backup of important data.
  4. L

For tape drives, before buying the drive i would check if you can get the LTO software/firmware upgrades. I have 2, one HP and one IBM and even though both are same generation, the IBM one has it's software behind a paywall and can't easily use it without them under windows. I would stick with...
  5. L

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

I was able to flash the hp firmware 3.2.14 with the uefi variable and it worked on this model HP | 673646-B21 | Multi Level Cell G2 PCIe ioDrive2 for ProLiant Servers HP | 673646-B21 | Multi Level Cell G2 PCIe ioDrive2 for ProLiant Servers | eBay But it made no difference during startup :/ on...
  6. L

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

I would say hold on for a while, i got myself 2x iodrive2 1.3tb for 100$ Canadian each+ shipping on ebay. Both have more than 90% life remaining