Search results

1. V

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

Temps seem fine, haven't seen them go above 48*C in normal use - but no telegraf setup right now to see the real peaks. Running fio rand i/o tests it gets to 63*C and stays there. Went back down to ~48 pretty quickly after it finished. There is an internal USB3 header too :) I plan to jerry rig...
  2. V

I have it wedged between the ethernet port and a tab? above it - so it's 50% secure 50% flopping, I think I just need a small bit of sticky strip/tape to secure it to the ethernet shield next time I move it and call it a day :eek: The m.2 sata slot is 6 gbit/s so if anything the adapter (5...
  3. V

I wanted to add extra storage to a few wyse 5070s but only had a few 2TB nvme drives from a price error. Just wanted to report success with this adapter in the WLAN slot: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001856362620.html With 2TB Intel 670p (INTEL SSDPEKNU020TZ) seems to be working quite...
  4. V

Rank doesn't matter for speed -- it will run any faster memory at 2400 MHz regardless. All of my sticks are 2666 MHz but configured speed in `dmidecode -t 17` is all 2400 MT/s. Dual rank is needed to get above 8 GB total mem but for whatever reason seems like you can get away with half single...
  5. V

It says 1RX8 (single rank) which would be a no but it suggests they have dual rank options. It looks like the 16GB+ (NOT 8GB) sticks are dual rank which would work. I made the mistake of buying 2x8GB single rank sticks a while back for my 5070 so I ended up just using 8GB+4GB (12GB) total with...
  6. V

OOS WD Gold Enterprise-Class 1.92 TB U.2 SSD - $88.99

It seems to be showing as out of stock now so maybe you won't be CDW'd
  7. V

OOS WD Gold Enterprise-Class 1.92 TB U.2 SSD - $88.99

WD Gold Enterprise-Class SSD WDS192T1D0D - SSD - 1.92 TB - U.2 PCIe 3.1 x4 CDW outlet, 1 unit "Used - Like New" - $88.99 Almost too good to pass up so good luck to whoever gets it. https://www.cdw.com/product/wd-gold-enterprise-class-ssd-wds192t1d0d-ssd-1.92-tb-u.2-pcie-3.1-x4/7035343 Data...
  8. V

Canada [SOLD] FS: Brocade ICX6450-24p

Hey all. Downsizing the lab and don't need this anymore. Fantastic switch but very oversized for my current needs. I was using 3/4 of the 10g ports at 10g and a few PoE ports, no issues there. The 2 fans were replaced with 2x Delta FFB0412HN-5T20 fans which really improved the idle noise level...
  9. V

Wow, bummed I missed that. The ad did mention: hopefully those are listed at around the same price. CPU is not all that bad and has a good igpu, would be sweet to get a couple of these.
  10. V

Help buying rtx 3080

Buy a time machine, lol I don't know any US specific tactics but distill.io is amazing. Install the extension on your personal PC's browser so that you can configure check intervals to be as low as 5 seconds.
  11. V

Lenovo M90n-IoT $200

Also from lenovocanada for C$265: Lenovo ThinkCentre M90n IoT Desktop, i3-8145U, 4GB, 128GB SSD, Win 10 Home | eBay NB: Only 2 left, free shipping from US. I almost accidentally bought this last night and still considering even though I really don't need this right now... but the i3 is...
  12. V

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

To be fair, if you want to do the VLANs you need either a USG/UDM gateway or a router that can handle the cam's VLAN traffic. The ubiquiti "Pro" L3 switches claim to support L3 in all of their marketing material but have never actually worked to this day and it's been on sale for months. You...
  13. V

Prime Day Rack Shelf $20

Also in Canada for C$23 - StarTech.com 1U Vented Server Rack Cabinet Shelf - 10in Deep Fixed Cantilever Tray - Rackmount Shelf for 19" AV/Data/Network Equipment Enclosure with Cage Nuts & Screws - 44lbs Capacity (CABSHELFV1U): Amazon.ca: Computers & Tablets
  14. V

More or less, except your switch won't have a management IP (or does it default to DHCP on the mgmt port with telnet enabled? ...no idea). It will only route VLAN 1 but will otherwise act as unmanaged. PoE (if equipped) is off by default so if needed you will need to wait for a console cable.
  15. V

you can but tread carefully and test all of your devices (specifically IOT junk) if you do that. It has some issues. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/page-39#post-206144...
  16. V

your switch config looks ok (I think?) from a device on vlan10 (not opnsense) can you ping the switch and opnsense? 10.0.10.1 (will definitely work), 10.0.2.1 (should), 10.0.2.2 (should) if you can ping 10.0.2.2 then you have an issue on OPNsense, so check your NAT rules that they are OK. Also...
  17. V

I moved the L3 routing duties from my untangle vm to the ICX6450. It was a lot easier than expected, but just wanted to post what I did in one post since I ended up taking info from different posts here & externally to make one complete post. now my internet gw is just a firewall and not a does...
  18. V

Okay, swapping fan pins was a lot simpler than I thought (the pins come right out when pushing on the tab with a flathead.) The acoustics are definitely better. The full speed noise is significantly less than stock. I attempted to measure it, but you can only go so far with a phone app & rough...
  19. V

Received my ICX6450-24p today -- everything seems to check out! Judging by the hostname it was in a barn environment.. opened it up and cleaned out that dust.. Before: After: Fans are surprisingly not destroyed by the dust.. Idle ~40 dBa (basically same as spec sheet's 39 dBa) and boot ~56...
  20. V

Rack door fans - quiet fix or alternative?

Hey all. I have this rack: https://assets.tripplite.com/product-pdfs/en/sr24ubffd.pdf Great rack. However the 8 door fans are way too loud for my liking so they are always off. The air intake for servers was a bit too toasty and their fans were spooling up to compensate (5+C above ambient) so...