Search results

1. S

Cisco router for cable internet, small network

An ASA 5505 could fit the bill. I am considering getting one myself.
  2. S

Virtual Windows workstation run on a headless CentOS server running KVM with ...

IPMI complains with LED error 2 then 16. Seems related to disks. I couldn't log in to IPMI anymore. I unplugged them all but the boot drive and got it working (after a cold reboot). System console still logs disk errors and I suspect the cheap SATA to USB adapter I use with the OCZ drive on the...
  3. S

Virtual Windows workstation run on a headless CentOS server running KVM with ...

I have a lot of disks plugged in right now and I'd like suggestions how to use them.
  4. S

Here I'd need help to decide if I need to format my M500 to 400GB if I want to be able to use in a write intensive production array later.
  5. S

Sorry about that. I'm tired and shouldn't be posting. I'll make it all clear tomorrow. Thanks.
  6. S

I have all the SSDs I ordered yet. I wonder if I made a mistake formatting my S3500 to 120 GB (I didn't really decide anything and let OmniOS initialize the disk for me). I'm a little nervous the same thing could happen to my new expensive (for me) M500 480GB. Indeed, I don't know what I'll...
  7. S

This thread is very interesting http://forums.servethehome.com/hard-drives-solid-state-drives/2359-vm-storage-sas-sata-ssd.html Makes me want to get started with Hyper-V now. :rolleyes:
  8. S

OmniOS/OpenIndiana running from Thumb Drive

Napp-it to go is your ticket. It's all set up. Just download the right image.
  9. S

Actually this seems to feature a buzzer alarm system. Could do the trick for a home system. I'd just need to power off the fan.
  10. S

I ordered 2 40GB Intel 320 Series NOS SSDs today. I will probably reinstall OmniOS on them so I can add a mirror disk to the rpool. I would have them in a RAID 1 enclosure like gea suggests in his AIO guide (and connected to internal USB port) but I suspect I wouldn't be able to monitor RAID...
  11. S

Oracle VirtualBox with access via phpVirtualBox on OmniOS

Not sure I'd call it a bug but I get permission error when I try to connect host cdrom from vm. Workaround is to create and share ZFS pool to upload ISO image to and then browse to it from vm drive settings.
  12. S

Phpvirtualbox installed fine. It was a bit of a pain (couldn't connect host cdrom drive from vm and mouse tracking in console was nightmare) but I'm pretty happy with everything so far. I couldn't find a way to boot vm at startup yet but it must be somewhere.
  13. S

Simple enough thanks. IMHO it's still a little confusing you only get to decide which version you like afterwards.
  14. S

Seems fine. I like how paid extensions aren't required for home use. I'd still like one could start with a community edition from the begining.
  15. S

Yep this made me want one too. I'm glad they're getting affordable in time for this build. Thanks.
  16. S

Napp-it installed just fine. I now need to figure out which features will be gone in 30 days.
  17. S

The plan right now is to install this : http://forums.servethehome.com/solaris-nexenta-openindiana-napp/2658-oracle-virtualbox-access-via-phpvirtualbox-omnios.html Then I'll get this build some disks and configure shared storage in napp-it. I think I'll get one M500 480GB and have it mirrored...