Search results

1. J

[FS-NY] *SOLD* Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe Cards (Cablecard)

@Tech Junky nice - yea Im based in NYC. The new ATSC3 DRM channels showed up last week and they are not compatible with the HDHR Flex4k (yet or maybe never). I hope the FCC removes DRM - these are public broadcast channels FFS
  2. J

[FS-NY] *SOLD* Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe Cards (Cablecard)

I have recently switched to OTA broadcasts via a HDHomeRun Flex4k and looking to sell my two Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe Cards. They are on the latest firmware and are in perfect working order. Looking to sell them for $50 each, or best offer. Thank you SOLD, no longer available
  3. J

14 TB SAS HDD *NEW* $135

id be interested in any speed tests or performance tests you can share with these drives. can you also share what SAS card you are using and any other details regarding your setup (DAS, internal, etc)
  4. J

14 TB SAS HDD *NEW* $135

Thank you. 24 of these drives basically is the ceiling of the SAS2 of 4800MB/s This thread here answered my questions - Difference between single and dual ports/SAS Dual port is only for redundancy. I think I may go in on this deal after all.....
  5. J

14 TB SAS HDD *NEW* $135

without multipath and one HBA (9207 IT Mode) - will speed suffer without multipath? I have a dual IOM6 controller HB-2435
  6. J

14 TB SAS HDD *NEW* $135

thank you. that is what i thought.
  7. J

14 TB SAS HDD *NEW* $135

Im thinking about changing my LSI 9285-CV with two RAID6 to a new LSI 9286 thats flashed as an HBA/IT mode. I use an HB-2435 DAS with 24x 3.5in bays. Ill copy over the data to new drives to create new partitions, as I know the LSI RAID partitions cannot be read by the HBA card.OR can they...
  8. J

14 TB SAS HDD *NEW* $135

does it matter that these are single port SAS drives? Is the connector different for the backplane?
  9. J

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

can these be converted to IT mode? yes, right?
  10. J

[CN] Seeed studio reServer 4C/8T for $274.50

i wish this had vPro too... while its technically a security risk... it helps with remote control of the machine (like IMPI)
  11. J

512 GB Intel Optane DDR4-2666 RDIMM PMEM NMA1XBD512GQS

I also have the Intel Xeon 6148 CPU. As per the intel specifications page, Intel Optane Memory is not supported: Intel® Xeon® Gold 6148 Processor (27.5M Cache, 2.40 GHz) - Product Specifications | Intel
  12. J

512 GB Intel Optane DDR4-2666 RDIMM PMEM NMA1XBD512GQS

luckily this isnt supported by my xeon 6148
  13. J

A good deal?

going back to the original post...Peter is planning on using this card with a X10SLH-LN6TF motherboard which does not have this non-standard PCI-E X8 + PCI-E x1 connector. The warning about possible support issues with this card and motherboard is pertinent. If the card does work, it will run at...
  14. J

A good deal?

im only sharing my opinion based on my experience buying hundreds of intel cards, new and used. these cards are frequently faked and cloned by chinese manufacturers. searching on google, you can see that this card's heatsink, pcie port, stickers and markings, etc - do not match the Intel...
  15. J

A good deal?

this is conjecture based on my experience working with chinese sellers (shipping from china) on chinese storefronts like aliexpress. This is a known issue with the i350 intel ethernet cards... it was only a matter of time before chinese clones of intel x540-t2 cards start coming around. ive...
  16. J

A good deal?

these are definitely fake chinese clones of the Intel X540-T2
  17. J

Supermicro AOC-SLG3-8E2P Octaport NVMe HBA

interesting article from hackaday regarding PCIe bifurcation vs switching: PCIe For Hackers: Extracting The Most
  18. J

ICX7150 for repair?

alright! fixed another one of these with the FSP200-P35-A54. I had to flip the white and black 6 pins to get it to work - not sure why monotux and ultrabay did not. I also had a weird issue where it was blowing my breaker. It was due to the AC two pin connector hitting the bottom of the...