Search results

1. L

NVMe - Seagate releasing 10GB/s (x16) SSD

Seagate Demonstrates Fastest-Ever SSD Flash Drive | Business Wire 10 Gigabytes(!) per second throughput for the SSD - nothing listed about IOPS The NVMe uses 16 PCIe lanes and an 8 lane model will be also released Things are escalating quickly :D So...how long before someone here gets one? :)
  2. L

OMGWTFBBQ?! Intel bringing Xeon to Laptops: E3-1500M v5

Front page news? :) This is huge. Closest thing before was having Eurocom et al stuff server Xeons into a laptop chassis. The First Intel® Xeon® Processors Coming to Notebook PCs This Fall Some info: - Scheduled for fall - Skylake 14nm - ECC memory - Thunderbolt 3 (USB C Phys with...
  3. L

PSA: Important security patch for all you Xen users

XSA-138 - Xen Security Advisories A guest VM with a CDROM drive enabled could be exploited to get access to host and/or other guests...
  4. L

Certificate error

Hi @Patrick There is an error with Google Canary and the length of validity on the forums.servethehome.com certificate. It blocks access and does not seem to allow an exception to continue to the site. The problem started this morning and it appears it is as a result of a recent update to...
  5. L

(!) Crucial SSDs and Powerloss Protection - Read Me :)

Hey all, As many others have been doing, I have been buying certain SSDs that included powerloss protection (via capacitors, etc) because data security and integrity is paramount. Crucial SSDs post-M4 (such as the M500, MX100, etc) have listed and advertised this as a built-in feature...
  6. L

Can you investigate this user?

Reading through the forum posts I am repeatedly finding "jingjing" re-post something someone already said in the thread. They copy and paste a short snippet of another user's post verbatim and it seems like they just want their website to be listed for extra views. Sometimes it is the next...