Search results

1. B

Napp-It Linux - post install sudo problems

I deleted the existing installation and re-ran wget -O - www. napp-it.org/nappit | perl - same results. It is putting the entries in the sudoers file and presenting the same issues.
  2. B

I will try the update this evening. Thanks for the quick response as always Gea.
  3. B

Sorry Gea - that should have read Ubuntu 18.04. I am running Napp-It 18.01b. That's not confusing at all :) Sorry about that!
  4. B

I'm not sure if this is an 18.04 only issue or not, but this was definitely the issue causing my sudo access problems. It also prevented Napp-It from running with this change as well.
  5. B

I think I isolated the reason, but not the cause. This was added to the sudoers file, but I don't know from where: ## supress Console messages from sudo Defaults logfile=/dev/null Defaults !syslog ## I commented those out and everything started to work again. This link Sudo hangs after...
  6. B

FWIW, I rolled back my installation back to the pre-Napp-It and Docker installs. This time I updated Docker and Docker compose via apt and the problem does not appear (at least in overnight testing). I'm using 18.04 Server. With my original install everything works fine until Napp-It is fired...
  7. B

Found something interesting, but nothing that gives me a solution: I have installed docker-ce on Ubuntu 18.02 and after I run the Napp-It GUI the problems start where I can no longer sudo. This time I started a new VM and only installed items required to run Napp-It. Installed docker-ce...
  8. B

Nothing on this problem. I just simply ran the installer and tried to start napp-it when this all happened. I should have tested sudo before starting so I'm going to roll back this snapshot and try again. Hopefully Gea will pop in later and give a suggestion.
  9. B

I'm working on a Linux install with Napp-It and twice on an Ubuntu 18.04 VM on ESX I've run into problems where after the install script has run I can't use sudo any longer. If I try to run a sudo command after entering the password the screen just echoes back and it never executes my command...
  10. B

Stacking Voltaire 4036 switches

We are looking at a second rack in our datacenter and right now we use a single 4036 switch for our IB NFS traffic. I'm trying to locate the steps for stacking/bridging 2 switches together and the best I could come up with so far was to disable SM on one switch and just run a cable between the...
  11. B

Mellanox ConnectX-2 not supported on new OmniOS HCL

Looks like we will have to stick on our current versions of OmniOS as well. We just added ConnectX-2 cards due to the cost and speed . We'll be ok with not upgrading for a while as I ran into APD issues with the current OmniOS. It's still a bummer to hear this though.
  12. B

ZFS tiered storage

I've been doing some cursory research on ZFS tiering and it seems to come down to ARC and log cache on top of slower drives. It started me thinking about our current environment and what would be the best approach to our storage. We were looking at moving our databases to SSD arrays with the...
  13. B

SRP - am I doing it right?

Well, this is a bummer. We decided to pull the cables today and reboot everything to try to get the larger MTU and we were finally able to get ESX to let us set the vSwitch to 4092. The problem is once we pulled the cables from the switch we didn't get any lights after plugging them back in...
  14. B

I finally found the updated firmware files as these are HP cards. It's been a pain trying to follow any Google links to HP right now. For the life of me I cannot get the MTU set to 4092 on my ESX servers. I've rebooted both of them, set the mtu_4k flags, made sure to restart the SM on my...
  15. B

It looks like my next logical step will be as follows (feel free to yell stop at any point) 1. Update the partitions.conf on my Voltaire 4036 to read: Default=0x7fff , ipoib , mtu=5:ALL=full; 2. Update the MTU of my vSwitch on ESX to 4092 3. Leave OmniOS alone since it's showing an MTU of...
  16. B

Even though that article discusses Windows Server 2012 will it have an impact on ESX? It doesn't look like there's a lot of new stuff for ConnectX-2 and ESX but I haven't fully combed over the Mellanox forums.
  17. B

I'm running 2.8.0000 on both ESX servers. Need to figure out how to find that on OmniOS but as soon as I get that I will update it here.
  18. B

I'm not running an NVME drive just 10 Sandisk Extreme Pro 960GB SSDs in RAID-Z3. Here's the stats on our server hardware: 2U 24 Bay 2 5 Supermicro Tyan S7012 Storage Server 2X Xeon L5640 6 Core HW RAID | eBay We upgraded to 72GB of RAM and an M1015 driving the array. One dual port Mellanox...
  19. B

I think I figured out the eui mapping information that was throwing me for a loop earlier. First, I looked at Napp-It: root@NAPPIT:~# stmfadm list-target -v Target: eui.0002C903000FC8BC Operational Status: Online Provider Name : srpt Alias : - Protocol...
  20. B

How do you find the eui WWNN of the ESX server? That's what's been tripping me up so far. I'm sure it's simple, but I just can't locate the right command. It's also been a long week so I'm not quite on my A game right now. I ran 2 quick tests with the I/O Analyze fling (I/O Analyzer – VMware...