Search results

1. R

What's the lowest TDP non-embedded/soldered/mobile AKA "normal" processor for which I can find a mot

That's exactly what I need: rightsizing. What I need is very simple/basic: four nodes, bare-metal; I need bare-metal because I want/need tot test bare-metal automated deployment tools like Ironic; yes, I know that there are tools for "emulating bare-metal". Tried most of them, it's really not...
  2. R

What's the lowest TDP non-embedded/soldered/mobile AKA "normal" processor for which I can find a mot

Sounds great, thank you, I'll check it out! I was looking at something maybe more "modern" and without all the "ECC/IPMI" bells and whistles. I really couldn't find any, only directly on embedded systems (~$500 ballpark). I'm located in Romania, and 150EUR/month is kinda quadruple compared...
  3. R

Thanks for the recommendation! I've also got recommendations for: - E3-1235L v5 - E3-1220L v3 - i7-8700T What's your opinion on them?
  4. R

That's why I'm looking for something that doesn't needs a ton of cooling but only a "single normal fan". I just paid 150€ on electricity, so I'm ready to drop IPMI and other fancy "server stuff" in order to have a lower power footprint. I just need something that I can test stuff in my POC, but...
  5. R

In my search for a low TDP processor my biggest issue that most "extra-power-efficient" CPUs are soldered/embedded/mobile. This applies to Intel's "U" series as well with AMD's "PRO" series etc. So my question is simple: what's the lowest TDP processor I can grab from the market, not...
  6. R

Need recommendationa for my "ideal" POC/homelab

Can you please give me a link? Everything I find is usually in the $1000 ballpark. What do you think about Xeon E31220L v2 + X9SCM-F?
  7. R

Looks very good, but at $700 ($2800 for a pack of 4) I would rather pay the electricity for 3 years.
  8. R

Yes, about this. Well...let's put it this way. I spent 500€ on the C6100 (without drives), that's about 125€ per node. BUT I'm spending 100€/month on electricity. So on the long run I have a feeling that spending more on hardware will basically cover the electricity costs and/or maybe even be...
  9. R

Hey, Right now I'm using two Poweredge C6100 with four nodes, each node having Dual Intel Xeon L5520 and 24 GB DDR3. They offer great performance but unfortunately the idle power consumption is about 450W. Under load they use 700W. I need them in order to test bare metal deployment tools...