Search results

1. M

NVME PM963 2.5" 960GB $300

@Evan @AJXCR are you suggesting that a firmware update could fix it? Since posting originally I learned that "Samsung Semiconductor" is the Samsung division that does the support for this "B2B-OEM drive". They in turn defer all queries to my "OEM vendor", which is a two man shop that certainly...
  2. M

@AJXCR , wait, so this hints that I have a bad firmware version on my PM983. If I would upgrade the firmware to one that works better, would I get my data back?
  3. M

@AJXCR , aha you could format-reuse the drive but the data was lost in your experience, I see. My PM983 sorts as "B2B-OEM" and "Samsung semiconductor" is the designated support department, and same like your experience they just refer me altogether to the vendor for any warranty even firmware...
  4. M

@AJXCR, wait, you write "every time the power is cycled the [PM963 2.5] drives go into an error state and appear to be bricked (listing "ERRORMOD" as the firmware revision from terminal and showing a total capacity equal to the drive cache size). This can be temporarily reversed via terminal,"...
  5. M

Hi, I experience ERRORMOD on a 3.84TB PM983 M.2 model MZ1LB3T8HMLA-00007. I really really want to recover the data on my disk. Do you have any thought of how I can do that, or is professional data recovery agency that will detach the NAND chips and do manual extraction the only way?
  6. M

Samsung PM853T SSD dead?

Have you since acquired any insights into how to extract the data from the drive? I have experienced exactly this error - firmware version ERRORMOD and "nvme namespace" (= visible disk capacity) shown as 1GB - on a 3.84TB PM983 M.2 specifically model MZ1LB3T8HMLA-00007.
  7. M

Samsung SM963 960GB M.2 to 1GB issue!

Hi, have you collected any additional insights about this problem or solutions now? I talked to Philipp who says the 1GB thing (in my case correlated with the ERRORMOD firmware error status) means the SSD's firmware has run into problems and is now giving you 1GB of its own RAM as disk space...
  8. M

2.5" 960GB PM963 Firmware

Hi everyone, I have a PM983 3.84TB M.2, specifically model MZ1LB3T8HMLA-00007. A week ago I got the ERRORMOD status, discussed in this thread and otherwise very rarely on the Internet. Do you have any insights into what this error is about, is there any way I can recover my data with no risk of...