Search results

1. Spartacus

Supermicro 3x 5.25" to 5x 3.5" HDD enclosure (sas or sata) ~ $106.25-$125 (new'ish)

These are usually about 130$ plus tax/ship on top of a 2-4 week drop ship time purchased new. From the looks of it they are new'ish in box for most of them and discounted heavily if you buy multiples. https://www.ebay.com/itm/363521719362 I have a bunch of these in my antec twelve hundred and...
  2. Spartacus

High Endurance M.2 (NVMe not sata) SSD?

Are there any high endurance M.2 NVME pcie (up to 110mm length) drives out there? I'm looking for something at least 1PB write endurance to use as cache drives ~ (my current drives are at 60TB already after <6 mo). Size doesn't really matter as long as its at least 150GB but want to be as cheap...
  3. Spartacus

1U to 2U Converter rail?

So I have a 1U vertical wall mount for my gateway, however I didn't think ahead and now have a fanless POE switch too I want attached (3.5lbs). It does have rack ears that would hang fine off the top. Does something like a 1u to 2u extension exist? ie) a 6 hole 2u bracket that would let me just...
  4. Spartacus

Build a Bear.... err Server Room (both need alot of insulation/stuffing?)

TLDR: Planning on building a insulated server room box in the attic. Ok, so I've been in my new house for 3 months and I just can't find a good spot in the house I am able to put a server rack/room/area. Nothing has an option to beef up cooling/add a duct or is in a large enough area the heat...
  5. Spartacus

FS/FT: Udimm/ECC Ram DDR3/4, Xeon CPUs, Misc

I accept paypal, venmo, google pay, apple cash, and BTC/BCH. Due to Covid I'm going to try to minimize my trips to ship things, but will likely ship out the same week at minimum. Prices include shipping conus, willing to discount for multiple items Heatware's here: Trader Reviews for...
  6. Spartacus

Closed Thread: QNAP 16 Bay NAS (TS-1635AX-4G)

Recently upgraded/migrated to unRAID so sellin' this guy now, asking $950 via paypal/venmo/google pay (shipped continental US ~ willing to work with others on shipping price). TS-1635AX-4G - TS-1635AX - Features Worked great using barebones ubuntu and VMware in HA with the VMs running on SSD in...
  7. Spartacus

WTB: iPhone X 64GB+ (ATT/GSM)

Like the title says looking to replace mine that got run over by my mini van and is finally starting to give up the ghost and I'm meh about getting an 11/11pro. Looking for: - non-blacklisted - non-activation locked - any color - 64GB+ (larger is fine but price is important) - don't care about...
  8. Spartacus

unRAID Behemoth Build (Stage 2)

Howdy guys, lets start with a couple of teaser pictures (ignore the clutter and mess I have 2 kids under 5 :)): I've been floating around the forum for a few months now offering and seeking advice when I can. I even had the opportunity to meet @Patrick at the HPE conference in June ~ really...
  9. Spartacus

Short SFF-8087 Cables

I can't seem to find any below 0.5m, I'm looking for around 15-20cm? (like the e92450-001 ast 1224 version that comes with the intel expanders) Wanting to patch a short internal 8087 to a 8087->8088 adapter. Any sources or suggestions (other than just grab a 8e/16e card)?
  10. Spartacus

Supermicro X10SRH-CLN4F Cooler

Just picked up the board from a member, unfortunately I failed to realize I needed a narrow ILM cooler :rolleyes:. Was looking for something silent, it looks like the Noctua NH-U12DX i4 is the best way to go. Other than the Noctua any other recommendations instead for silent or near silent...
  11. Spartacus

LSI 2308 w/ Vertical Ports?

I've been looking around and I can't seem to find any 2308 8i raid card/hba models with vertical SAS ports instead of horizontal. Do these exist? (must be it-mode capable) On the flip side I know there are 2008 variants that do have the vertical, whats the rough maximum mechanical drives one...
  12. Spartacus

Asus Mobo Value?

Found someone selling a ASUS Z9PE-D16 rig from a storage lien, anyone had a value guess of the board? Server in Cooler-Master Cosmo 2 Ultra Xeon Samsung SSD Noctua MOBO PC1 | eBay Z9PE-D16 | Servers & Workstations | ASUS USA I know $750's too much what would be a decent deal (tax/shipping...
  13. Spartacus

Norco 4224 and Supermicro board compatibility?

First post yay! (I'll post some of my existing infrastructure later) I'm looking to do a freenas/unraid build (still undecided on that, but leaning towards unraid for the plex hardware transcoding) with a norco 4224 case and a dual 2011 v1/v2 mobo w/ 12+ ram slots and 5-6 pcie 8x slots at least...