Search results

1. G

Fujitsu EP400i reviews

Anyone knows if these are any good vs the original LSI 9361-8i ? They are almost half the price
  2. G

USB 3.1 20 ping male to USB 3.0 female adapter

My workstation chassis has a 20 pin USB 3.1 male cable : LINKUP - USB-C Type Panel Cable Mount Motherboard Header Extension Adapter | Internal 3.1 10G Gen 2 20-Pin A-Key Male | Walmart Canada But my X11SSH-CTF motherboard only has a USB 3.0 female connector ( I already used the older 20-pin for...
  3. G

Supermicro 4U hdd tray electrical short

Tonight I was adding some hdds to my Supermicro 4U jbod and when I removed an empty tray from the back, I guess something touched somewhere because there was a yellow spark and the power supplies went offline. There was no smoke and I unplugged it immediately. Anyone experienced something like...
  4. G

LSI 9300-8i + 9207-8e in same chassis problem

In the same X10DRi chassis I have a 9300-8i + 9207-8e cards. Is this supported ? When the system boots it shows just the 9300 Avago BIOS and in the adapter list it's just that one. No sign of the 9207 at all. The OS boots fine but it doesn't see the expansion chassis nor the drives inside it...
  5. G

M4 x 4mm rails screws

Anyone knows where I can find M4 x 4mm flat head screws ? I've checked out lots of places online and they all start @ M4 x 5mm
  6. G

SuperMicro X11/X12 2U 2.5" chassis

Hello, checking SM chassis for X11/X12 they all have max 16 bays x 2.5". I could get up to 24 bays with X10. Aka, this: SC213AC-R1K23LPB | 2U | Chassis | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. Which comes...in 2023 with ... optional dvd!! What am I missing here ? No way to get 24 x 2.5" with...
  7. G

X10DRI Max ram speed

Looking at this motherboard: https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/X10DRi Does anyone know why there's an X next to 2400 mhz speed in the Ram description ? Memory Type 2400/2133/1866/1600MHz ECC DDR4 SDRAM 72-bit I checked the manual but there's no indication there
  8. G

E5-2699V4 vs E5-4669V4

I found a great deal on some brand new E5-4669V4 which as far as I know, should work in a dual socket motherboard, correct ? It also looks like the same specs as the E5-2699V4 , except with lower TDP...
  9. G

X11SRM-F & W-2125 max ram

So I have an X11SRM-F motherboard with W-2125 CPU and 128GB of Kingston ram ( 4 x 32Gb ) @ 2400mhz After confirming with Supermicro tech support, I purchased 256Gb ( 4 x 64Gb ) of HMAA8GR7AJR4N-WM @ 2933mhz ( also listed on their compatibility page ). They mentioned in their reply that...
  10. G

SM AOM-S3108M-H8 firmware

Does anyone know where I can download the latest firmware for this ? Supermicro has no links, their FTP site is dead, I'm all out of luck
  11. G

SuperMicro BPN-SAS3-216EL1 capacitor design issue

I purchased 2x2U chassis off eBay which came with BPN-SAS3-216EL1 backplanes. On both of them, I found one capacitor that fell off at different locations. No biggie I guess. I ordered two refurbished backplanes also from eBay and when they arrived today I noticed that one of them had...
  12. G

Broadcom 9308 IT vs IR

I just realized a few of my servers fitted with 9308 cards are in IR mode instead of IT yet they work just as fine. I always thought/knew that IR made meant the HBA doesn't present the drives directly to the OS, etc but that doesn't appear to be the case. The OS sees the drives...
  13. G

Cleaning thermal paste from socket

Bought a brand new x10drd-i motherboard. Managed to get some non-conducting thermal paste in the socket. How screwed am I ? I tried cleaning with alcohol, q-tip and a microfiber tissue. No luck, it's deep on the socket below the pins and I'm afraid to bend them. Tips ? https://ibb.co/JtmwmfB...
  14. G

HGST Ultrastar 6tb light remains on

I bought some brand new HUS726060AL5210 HGST 6TB 7.2K 12G 128MB 3.5" SAS Hard Drive and when I put them in a SuperMicro JBOD chassis, the blue light remains on. I've put other drives in these chassis via hotswap and the light doesn't remain on... but these do. What does it mean exactly ?
  15. G

CSE-216BE1C-R920WB hotswap crash

I purchased a brand new CSE-216BE1C-R920WB from Wiredzone and I populated it with a dual Xeon X10 motherboard, V4 cpus and LSI 9311-8i HBA. All the components are brand new and the server has been working flawlessly for the past 60 days but last night I wanted to add 2 new drives to it while it...
  16. G

E5-4620v2 in dual cpu motherboard

the E5-4XXX are meant to be in quad cpu systems, but will they work with Supermicro dual cpu motherboards ?
  17. G

2683v4 BIOS + memory population

I have an X10DRW-iT motherboard with 2 x 2683v4 CPUs and 4 x 32Gb Hynix RAM. #1. In the BIOS, CPU1 under CPU Configuration -> CPU ID , it prints the ID with a * at the end. Does anyone know what that's for ? #2. What is the correct memory population with 2 CPUs and 4 DIMMS ? I put it in slots...
  18. G

Cpu cache tester

After a very long app debugging process, the developpers are 99.9% sure one of my E5-2620v3 cpus have a faulty l1/2/3 cache. I only tested using memtest86+ Pro and it found no errors but I understand that memtest disables all caches and just tests the ram. Is there an app to test the cpu caches?
  19. G

Supermicro AOM-S3108M-H8 standoffs

I managed to lose the standoffs that came with my Supermicro AOM card. SMC doesn't sell them separately, not even the RMA department. I took some photos from another server of the actual measurements but I don't know where the look for such a thing. Anyone knows ?
  20. G

Sas backplane to motherboard sata

I have a Supermicro SC113ac2-706 chassis with 12gbls sas connectors on the backplane. I am trying to connect it directly to an x11srm-f motherboard which has 6 onboard sata ports via a sas to 4 sata ports via a sas breakout cable. The problem is that I'm not seeing any of the drives in the...