Search results

1. N

Patching Intel X520 EEPROM to unlock all SFP+ transceivers

Not familiar with them, but I just looked those up, and physically they look nearly indistinguishable from their Intel-branded counterparts. I have nothing to back this up, but my *suspicion* is that the 82599ES behaves identically regardless (in terms of how it interprets and acts on EEPROM...
  2. N

0xFC represents a value with the "allow all SFPs" bit flipped off. 0xFE still has that bit flipped off, and compared to 0xFC it flips on a different bit (the second-to-last one, not the last one). It would be changing from 0xFC > 0xFD that would flip the correct bit on for this. This is why...
  3. N

So glad to hear that people are actually having success with this! For anybody who had a previously-locked card that they managed to unlock using this procedure, would you be so kind as to post any identifying markers on your cards, like model numbers or the like? I'm curious what...
  4. N

I recently had the need to put together a cheap 10Gbit/s lab, including a server with a NIC. I really only needed a single interface on the server, and I preferred it to be SFP+ rather than twisted-pair for flexibility (I figured I could always stuff a TP module into an SFP+ slot if need be)...