Search results

1. K

Changing block size IBM branded Micron S650DC-800 SSD

Thanks for the input. I wonder if it's something to do with the P420. One thing I note is that the product and revision number reported by smartctl for your drive is different than other drives in this thread. Yours reports the micron model while Brick's reports an IBM model.
  2. K

So are you saying you were actually able to change block from 528 to 512 on these drives using iprconfig and an IBM adapter like the M5015?
  3. K

HP ThinClient T620 GX-415GA 4-core (standard/slim, not Plus) -- $25/$35

I'm guessing you'd have to look at the drive in another device to see if the data persists to rule out a faulty drive. Is it possible it's just something like a dead cmos battery causing some configuration loss at power loss?
  4. K

These were all non plus. Depends on what you want to do. 1 port probably won't work for pfsense unless you can get away with the on board wifi serving Lan. You could also use a USB dongle bandwidth allowing. I use these in audio/video racks to remotely monitor and interact with the equipment...
  5. K

I bought a couple of the $25 damaged units with no drives. I don't actually see any damage though. Picked up a couple 32gb mSata for ~$15. Slightly annoyed once I opened the case to find it's actually an M.2 slot. Looks like it supports 40, 60, and 80 lengths. Nice enough to include the standoff...
  6. K

Well shoot. This is very disappointing. Unless anyone else has a suggestion I'd probably send it back for a refund. Thank you for your effort.
  7. K

Questions on updating iDRAC firmware safely (R720)

I have a couple R620 with the same setup. There are a couple major versions you have to go through. I used the iDRAC WebUI and had no issues. This lays it out nicely: Solved: Re: iDRAC7 Upgrade Path - Dell Community General instructions for upgrading in iDrac WebUI can be found here, scroll...
  8. K

Looks like the same user tried to buy all 48 of them on a week ago. They have 1188 feedback so I'm assuming this is another seller looking to make some money. Still 10 remaining. Of course, someone will buy all of them as soon as they read a solution here, if it exists.
  9. K

It's not over just yet. Still some things to try. The problem with SED drives is there's often a specific order of operations needed to make these kind of changes. Which I'm not too familiar with. We haven't even messed with sedutils yet. I'm not sure if this works on ssds, but with hdd the hail...
  10. K

Boot linux on Intel p3608

Pretty sure you have to be using a UEFI bios as very few nvme have legacy bios roms on them anymore. Assuming you're using UEFI, looks like only bootable at full capacity on "supported" xeon systems that auto raid 0 for you. I'm assuming that means VROC support.
  11. K

I see "Security Operating Mode: 2 - TCG Security Active" in the output. Unless the firmware is preventing a revert then there must be something we're doing wrong. From the seagate secure documentation page 9 https://www.cryptsoft.com/fips140/vendors/140sp2695.pdf Try ./Sea_Chest_Erase -d...
  12. K

hmmm...what's the output from: ./SeaChest_Security -d /dev/sg4 --tcgInfo --showLockedRegions --showEraseSupport --deviceInfo
  13. K

I don't recall if any issues arise from using a fiber channel vs directly to the HBA. I'll have to read around. If it's not a total pain, it's probably best to try a direct connection. sdparm shows drive sector size is set at 528 "DBPPS 528 [cha: n, def:512, sav:528]" DBPPS stands for 'data...
  14. K

I appreciate your initiative. I'm much more familiar with SAS HDD and have actually never used micron storage executive so my apologies for some inevitable trial error. How is this connected to your machine? HBA I'm hoping? Could still be locked or frozen. Or even need to have SED initialized...
  15. K

HGST SSDs, 3.5 HGST SAS HDDs (6TB 3.5), Mini-ITX E3-1230v5 Combo

Just hooked up the 2 Sandisk SDSSDXPS480. Everything looks great. 98% left. Much appreciated!
  16. K

HGST and other SSD

I was going to ask the same. This would only make sense if $125 was for all 7 drives. That would be a pretty amazing price though.
  17. K

Do things exist to connect 2 SATA cables together?

I'm not quite clear from reading your post if you're looking for a simple sata extension cable/coupler or sas. I can't vouch for quality but here's sata extension https://www.amazon.com/SATA-Male-Extension-Cable-20/dp/B002P6QIIA Here's sata coupler...
  18. K

Anyone dealing with Dbuffed?

Ah yes, I remember seeing posts recently over at lowendtalk about his possible involvement in december's mass deadpooling incident. If anyone has evidence in a situation like this with dbuff or similar, I suggest taking it to the proper authorities. It might be a pain to file a report with...
  19. K

Those are both viable options. You can also easily search for a profile on heatware if you have their email, heatware username, or any configured aliases which should include for instance their STH and/or ebay username. Many sellers include their heatware and ebay username in their FS post as...
  20. K

Unless I'm missing something, I think the only way is to go to their heatware profile, follow the post feedback link. Once submitted they should have a pending request to submit feedback in turn.