Search results

1. dataoscar

FS: Atom C3558 Fanless Network Appliance

Shout out to BlueFox for an uneventful transaction. They came well packed and arrived quickly.
  2. dataoscar

sms (or other) to transmit message to mobile device?

AWS allows you to send sms through SNS (Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) SMS Pricing - AWS). Twilio is another popular software based solution (SMS Pricing for Text Messaging - Twilio). Edit: My reading comprehension was off. AWS does have a free tier(100 messages). If you just need...
  3. dataoscar

x9drh-7f revision and v2 compatability

I have noticed that this board has 2 revisions, 1.01 and 1.02 . Does anyone know if 1.01 will work with E5 v2 processors? I emailed SM but have not heard back yet, figured I would ask here as well.
  4. dataoscar

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Late to the game but I’d like to join as well. Been mining monero but the pool I was using closed.
  5. dataoscar

Can you recommend a utility to test new drives?

From my testing notes. All utilities available in FreeNas 1. Conveyance smartctl -t conveyance /dev/daX 2. Short SMART test smartctl -t short /dev/daX 3. Long SMART test smartctl -t long /dev/daX 4. badblocks test with random data badblocks -wsv -t random -b 4096 -c 98304 -p 2 /dev/daX...
  6. dataoscar

Viable ITX Hardware Options for FreeNAS?

Creating a Cooling Duct for the SilverStone DS380B Thinking of using this myself.
  7. dataoscar

Moving HD's to new WHS 2011 build after motherboard upgrade

I may have misread your initial post. In the new system, are your backups showing for your clients? That's the issue I had when migrating from old WHS to new WHS box. There was a guid that was generated for the system and the backups contained that guid. It was a while ago so I may be mistaken.
  8. dataoscar

Moving HD's to new WHS 2011 build after motherboard upgrade

My experience has always been that you cannot just move the hard drives. The recommended way is to do a full server backup, and then a restore to the new hardware.
  9. dataoscar

Need some more help from a Linux Guru

/path/to/zImage is the file name. zImage is the input file and the output is the disk mapped to /dev/sdb
  10. dataoscar

Docker 1.12 – now with built-in orchestration

I use a combination of salt and docker cloud to make my docker volumes more flexible. It's less than ideal of though but good enough for home use. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. dataoscar

Netflix no more

I contemplated cancelling as well, but I ended up creating a transparent proxy at home just for Netflix traffic. It was a pita, but for now it works. I almost cancelled after fumbling with it for over a week. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. dataoscar

Advantages of ssd as a OS drive for servers

Do you happen to have or know where I could find a list like this for other brands? I need another ssd to use as an slog device.
  13. dataoscar

Use curl for weather!

Pretty great! Think I am going to look into making that a hubot script
  14. dataoscar

Need help to select a harddrive for whs 2011

Just chiming in to say that the 2TB limit was fixed after patches.
  15. dataoscar

Silverstone DS380: ITX 8x SAS/Sata Hotswap

Would you mind sharing some pics. This sounds very interesting.