Search results

1. K

Problems with MikroTik S+RJ10?

Were you placing them next to one another? That’s a huge no-no I have a bunch of these and I have no problems getting full 10Gb. My biggest complaint is that my revision 1 don’t support jumbo frames. The Unifi might not have enough cooling in the right place to run these. They definitely...
  2. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I definitely hear you there. I’ve been tearing through switches in the last year and have seen much of the good/bad/ugly/etc. Cisco pretty much simplifies it down on a per interface basis to: Choose native vlan Choose tagged VLANs to allow/deny Choose trunk vs access The fs.com switches are...
  3. K

SA120 PSUs

This is a bit of an informational piece for anybody that owns a SA120 for a DAS. In case you don’t know, if you have dual PSUs, the fans on the DAS auto adjust to reasonable levels. I’m someone that picked up a lot of these when they were sub $200. I’ve been looking for reasonably priced...
  4. K

Just with the way the rest of the VLANs work, it’s clunky and disconnected. I ran into some goofy circular issues trying to change the native VLAN on a port to like 9, then tag in some other ones. It’s just weird to have all your VLANs: you tag your trunk ports, untag your access ports, but...
  5. K

So I’ve finally navigated the Brocade desert and have found the promised land. 6450-48p was the first switch that I ordered. It worked perfectly but I suffered from a bit of a layer 8 issue here. I didn’t do my homework and discovered this switch doesn’t support dynamic IPv6 6650. I ordered...
  6. K

@klui he readded to hardwareswap, left the licenses.
  7. K

Ahh yep. I thought it was the *P*E that meant POE. Definitely explains it. Thanks
  8. K

Seems my brocade adventure just won't end. Got a 6610 today. Model number is ICX-6610-24-PE, Version:07.3.02T7f5 Before I did anything else loaded it up. And there is absolutely no signs of this switch supporting PoE. Every other switch mentions initializing PoE on booting. ICX6610-24...
  9. K

Yep. It had a burnt out board. Seller had me run 'no inline power' and 'inline power', and the "has NOT changed." didn't pop up. What it did cause was the USB->Ethernet that I had plugged into my NUC for initial config to literally start smoking and start on fire. Quickly RMAd
  10. K

So second 7250 arrived from a different seller... and I think it’s a dud again. Anybody know if this is expected? PS 1, Internal Power supply detected. PS 1, Internal Power supply is up. PoE: Stack unit 1 PS 1, Internal Power supply with 370000 mwatts capacity is up PoE Info: Adding new 54V...
  11. K

It also supports full dynamic IPv6 via like OSPFv3 right? That's the big reason I picked one up, though as mentioned above, the first one is a dud.
  12. K

Thanks for confirming. Contacting my eBay seller now. Something definitely isn't right as I have an identical attempt at a serial cable as @BeTeP outlined and it doesn't work.
  13. K

That's what has me a bit concerned. Even after it finishes booting and quiets down, the lights stay on: Problem 2 is that none of the link lights come up, except for the management port, when plugged into another switch. The link lights DO turn on on the opposite switch, except for the...
  14. K

Finally got the 7250. I'm not sure if I got a broken one or not. Is it normal for three of the ports on one side of the switch to be lit up solid green full time? From boot to when the fans cool down? No matter what I've tried, I've been unable to get anything out of the serial port. I...
  15. K

@fohdeesha thanks for the confirmation. I wasn’t really sure what differences there might have been. I might risk it for the Ansible capabilities. Thanks again for all the help with these devices.
  16. K

Any downside to upgrading to 08.0.91 on the 7250? I'd love to have the Ansible magic.
  17. K

@AngryLatinChanting there are two. One enables the PoD (ports) and one enables advanced routing.
  18. K

Anybody know if it's possible to get OSPFv3 on the 6450?
  19. K

Looking for advice on SAS expander

Are you loading it up with spinners or SSDs? You really can't saturate even 6Gb gear with 10 drives if they are spinners. If they are SSDs, that's another story. I mean for "really cheap", the HPs can't really be beat. Ironically enough, half the ones on eBay for half that price that say...
  20. K

ESXi - dvswitch, intel X540, Cisco switch - no jumbo frame

Right, but on ESXi, there are two places you need it. On the vSwitch/dvSwitch On the VMKernel adaptor So check to make sure your vmk0/1 whichever is attached to that portgroup/dvSwitch is marked a 9000 MTU.