Search results

1. Y

SM CSE 826 sweet deal

Maybe I was wrong but the seller seems to have listed a few more units with a new link and higher price tag. https://www.ebay.com/itm/254839181901
  2. Y

Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S (like x520-da2) $39.99 shipped (SOLD)

Some more here, still $39.99: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-AOC-STGN-i2S-Rev-2-00-10GbE-ETHERNET-CARD/233652101912
  3. Y

[Sold-out] G8264CS switch (48xSFP+ and 4xQSFP+) - $130.00 free shipping

Yeah. This one is such an overkill for home lab. Also it might be hard to find rack mounting kit and console cable of it.
  4. Y

[Sold-out] G8264CS switch (48xSFP+ and 4xQSFP+) - $130.00 free shipping

Basically I know nothing about this product. It seems to be nice only because of the ports for this price. There were few posts talking about similar model: G8264 of IBM, such as this thread. Lenovo bought this product line from IBM few years ago. For sure, this switch is heavy, noisy (maybe)...
  5. Y

NEW Tyan B7102G75BV10HR-2T Thunder CX GT75BB7102 Device Server for $340

Couldn't agree more. I even placed an order then cancelled it because of this reason. Also this model seems to be lack of nvme bays and only has 2 PCIe slots.
  6. Y

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

I don't have this but usually the motherboards like this should have options inside BIOS which can be forced to use "IPMI GPU" at lease before OS fully booted.
  7. Y

E5-2678v3 - $90

Found a post discussed about this CPU. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/e5-2678-v3.19525/post-189262
  8. Y

Quanta 2U D51B: LGA2011-3, 24 x 2.5" Trays, 10 GbE, Rails $250 OBO

Second this. The rails came with it are really good ones and it’s tool less design. Also the trays would cost a lot of money, which might be more than server itself, since it can take 24!!...
  9. Y

I think it should be safe enough as long as you only connect SSD to it since it’s marked as “SSD power connector”.
  10. Y

I remembered I tried with a voltmeter and got ground, 5VDC and 12VDC reads from that port, when system is powered on. But I didn't make note. The adapter has 6 individual cables attached to each pin. 4 for regular size SATA power and 2 for the smaller one. So the worse situation would be cut and...
  11. Y

I also found something might be interesting. There is a "PCIe SSD power connector" port on this board. It's No.28 if you check the motherboard overview sticker on the server cover. It matches an adapter from Dell Precision T1700 SSF. Please refer to the photo. I haven't found any pinout diagram...
  12. Y

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

Maybe the warehouse was just swapping broken components which only physically fit to the case and can power on...
  13. Y

Mine doesn't have SGPIO device listed there so all the HDD LEDs are always off. Maybe my server is a broken one which by chance can take new firmware.... This morning I just found out the two SFP ports from motherboard are not working. Tried 3 different modules (2 different models of Intel...
  14. Y

The PSUs can work. I had swapped them in different combinations, single on slot 1, single on slot 2, dual, etc. All combinations can boot together with 10x3.5 SATA disks without any probloem. It's just weird that PSU(s) keep on after shutdown... Waiting for seller's response. I used...
  15. Y

My CMOS battery is also dead. I cut the shrink wrap open then used few electrical tape to wrap a new battery with pins. I should talk to seller about the PSU instead of digging around myself.
  16. Y

That’s really weird... How about let me find a time and capture a short video for you. I need one day or two since weekend is over. BTW, may I ask do your server PSU fans still running loudly after shutdown?
  17. Y

I'm seeing a weird issue with my server. That is: right after the server is shutdown, no matter is a graceful shutdown from OS or power button shutdown, the two PSU fans start screaming. I tried to leave them as-is and after hours those PSU fans are still up and running happily, at around 9K+...
  18. Y

It had a FAT32 USB drive attached when booting into EFI shell. For safety and avoid confusing, I didn’t insert any hard drive also. There was a 5 seconds counting down before entering shell but no key press was needed.
  19. Y

Yep. It boots up very well each time.
  20. Y

I finally got sometime to play with it. After running storcli.efi /c0 /eXX download src=S1Q_LSI_FW_v1.0.8.fw, I got a success reported. I think the tricky part would be: 1. Run upgrade without any disk connected. 2. Run upgrade in EFI shell instead of any OS. I think it will limit device...