Search results

1. H

any Supermicro IPMI SDR help please?

Hi, I have the Supermicro H11 motherboard with EPYC Rome, and I've connected 3 Arctic P8 PWM PST fans. These fans are going up to 3000 RPM. No matter what I did, it mostly didn't recognize that there are fans, it just recognized the fan in FAN5 connector The problem: the IPMI really doesn't...
  2. H

FastAPI DLS and current cards

Hi I'm using an RTX 2080 with vgpu unlock and the FastAPI DLS service for license, since it's homelab I'm thinking to buy a card such as A2000 or A4000 for vgpu. Does anyone knows if the FastAPI DLS license service will work with such cards?
  3. H

Looking for PCIe splitter cable

Hello, As the title says, I'm looking to split a PCIe 3.0 X16 slot to 2 X8 connections with a PCIe splitter cable (the BIOS supports it) My problem: I cannot find such a cable. Anyone knows a site which sells such a good quality splitter? Thanks
  4. H

looking for suggestion regarding 40Gbit home networking

It's quite hard to believe, but I couldn't find any information about creating a 40 Gbit home network. My issue is simple: I live in a 3 room apartment. Since I need the 40 Gbit connection between the rooms, a DAC solution is out of the question - since the distance between the rooms is approx...
  5. H

Quad Port U.2 card?

Hi, I'm sure I'm not the only who is looking for such a solution: I'm looking to purchase 4 U.2 drives and hook them into a Threadripper based motherboard (I didn't buy any motherboard yet, still planning). Surprisingly, the only card I found is the Supermicro AOC-SLG3-4E4R (and the 4E4T...
  6. H

Help with noise and fans

Hi, I purchased a "killer" combination: Supermicro X9DR3-LN4F+ motherboard (I didn't know it was an EE-ATX) and Supermicro CSE825TQ-740LPB chassis. I've installed Noctua NH-L9X65 on the CPU's. The Chassis fans are the standard Supermicro 7000 RPM fans I checked the following: I used ipmitool...