Search results

1. H

any Supermicro IPMI SDR help please?

Not sure I understand. Something that I should do? Any instructions or link please?
  2. H

Yeah, I'm using the ipmitool so "ipmitool bmc reset warm" does the job
  3. H

I've installed the Noctua TR4-SP3 dual fan solution to 2 fan sockets, and the IPMI doesn't show it. I heard that's a known issue since those fan are "low wattage" or something...
  4. H

You're right, I did change the lower to 0,100,200 and the upper to anything above 3000 (like 4000,5000,6000) This indeed make the error go away and the FAN5 is now green, but now the fans keeps spinning at 2900 RPM...
  5. H

Hi, I have the Supermicro H11 motherboard with EPYC Rome, and I've connected 3 Arctic P8 PWM PST fans. These fans are going up to 3000 RPM. No matter what I did, it mostly didn't recognize that there are fans, it just recognized the fan in FAN5 connector The problem: the IPMI really doesn't...
  6. H

FastAPI DLS and current cards

Hi I'm using an RTX 2080 with vgpu unlock and the FastAPI DLS service for license, since it's homelab I'm thinking to buy a card such as A2000 or A4000 for vgpu. Does anyone knows if the FastAPI DLS license service will work with such cards?
  7. H

Intel Optane P1600X Small Capacity SSD for Boot Launched

I wish the author would have added few words about using this driver as ZFS's SLOG device.... any thoughts about this usage?
  8. H

Looking for PCIe splitter cable

Close. This one goes to a PCB, I'm looking for a 2 cables solution.
  9. H

Looking for PCIe splitter cable

Hello, As the title says, I'm looking to split a PCIe 3.0 X16 slot to 2 X8 connections with a PCIe splitter cable (the BIOS supports it) My problem: I cannot find such a cable. Anyone knows a site which sells such a good quality splitter? Thanks
  10. H

looking for suggestion regarding 40Gbit home networking

It's quite hard to believe, but I couldn't find any information about creating a 40 Gbit home network. My issue is simple: I live in a 3 room apartment. Since I need the 40 Gbit connection between the rooms, a DAC solution is out of the question - since the distance between the rooms is approx...
  11. H

Quad Port U.2 card?

Hi, I'm sure I'm not the only who is looking for such a solution: I'm looking to purchase 4 U.2 drives and hook them into a Threadripper based motherboard (I didn't buy any motherboard yet, still planning). Surprisingly, the only card I found is the Supermicro AOC-SLG3-4E4R (and the 4E4T...
  12. H

Help with noise and fans

Hi, I purchased a "killer" combination: Supermicro X9DR3-LN4F+ motherboard (I didn't know it was an EE-ATX) and Supermicro CSE825TQ-740LPB chassis. I've installed Noctua NH-L9X65 on the CPU's. The Chassis fans are the standard Supermicro 7000 RPM fans I checked the following: I used ipmitool...