Search results

1. Jenfil82

Looking for a NIC

Makes sense indeed, would be stupid not to use our toys properly :)
  2. Jenfil82

Looking for a NIC

It seems to be quite fortuitous that I have the same setup as you where I just bought an R210 ii and am getting started on pfSense. How is your connection holding up so far with your Aquantia module? I still have to buy a 10Gb NIC and was wondering why you went with SPF+ rather than copper...
  3. Jenfil82

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Took the "kill a watt" out today to put some numbers behind fohdeesha and WeekendWarrior statements : Note that I have disconnected everything to make this test and all POE ports are turned off. PSU1: 86w at boot and 127.9 after initialization. Stays at 127.8-127.9 for 6hours PSU2:86w at boot...
  4. Jenfil82

FS: APC UPS sua750rm1U - new in box (SOLD)

Well looks like it's only about$30 shipping to VA, that's not too bad, that's about 6 good beers
  5. Jenfil82

Hehehe but then I'll have to spend the night too as I intend to drink them with you More seriously though, I can do Boston, Montreal and NYC easily. I also go every week to Chicago and Indiana but then I'll need to get rid of the box to put it in my suitcase (in my carry-on would be funny -...
  6. Jenfil82

Where are you located? I often take weekend trips so we could definitely arrange something
  7. Jenfil82

Good question :) basically Albany NY but I don't mind bringing it up to 50miles around for a beer
  8. Jenfil82

I received 3 of these but only intend to use 1. They are brand new in their box, here's the product: APC Smart-UPS 750VA USB & Serial RM 1U 120V - APC USA. Asking $300 per unit SHIPPED, or $250 50mile around Albany, NY (for a beer) UPDATED: Both are sold
  9. Jenfil82

Thank you fohdeesha and WeekendWarrior, extremely helpful :)
  10. Jenfil82

Alright, finally joined the select ICX6610 club (thank you fohdeesha). So here comes my first question: The one I bought got 2 PSUs, is it useful to plug both PSUs in if: - don't really care if a PSU fails, nothing critical if my switch turns off for a couple of minutes, I can't put it on my...
  11. Jenfil82

$275 icx6610-48p right here
  12. Jenfil82

Looking for a new toy

Awesome information, thanks a ton! Agreed on the Aruba, although cheap, not enough future proof for me. No offense taken, all valid points. Problem is with the ex2300-c is the number of ports, I need at least 24 and even thinking getting 48 so I don't need to change for another 3 or 4 years...
  13. Jenfil82

Looking for a new toy

Couple of questions about the Arista - I see there's a 48vdc version, how do you go about feeding it power? - Am I right seeing it as too complex for me to start with, being a total CLI newbie? The last thing I want is my wife being even more angry at me because I can't figure out how to "plug...
  14. Jenfil82

Looking for a new toy

I also noticed the Aruba 2500, problem is the rj45 compatibility indeed, other than that they're dirt cheap. You see my qnap nas only shows very expensive sfp+ NICs (like $200+ on junkbay), and that would be an expense I m not willing to make. I ve asked around for other cheaper NIC to no avail...
  15. Jenfil82

Looking for a new toy

Thanks , I did in fact already read the 90 pages :) That's why the icx6610 made my list
  16. Jenfil82

Looking for a new toy

Amazing help, thanks!
  17. Jenfil82

Looking for a new toy

Thank you sir, didn't know there was a UI. When you say crappy, it would still allow me to get my network running with the basics in case I m stuck, right?
  18. Jenfil82

Looking for a new toy

Hello everyone, After reading a lot of literature, I decided to further learn by practicing. I am looking for a cheap 24p or more switch (under $500) that would provide expansion capabilities once I become familiar with it (i.e. stacking and enough ports). It would be my first time using a...
  19. Jenfil82

MikroTik CSS326-24G-2S+RM

Just fyi, there will be a new model with 4 sfp+ coming soon https://www.servethehome.com/new-10gbe-and-40gbe-mikrotik-switches-coming/
  20. Jenfil82

Home storage server

Maybe a stupid question but did you consider FreeNAS at some point? Just wondering as I am evaluating how to build my own NAS for the moment, so only gathering data at the moment :)