Search results

1. D

Suggestions for consolidating my storage

My current storage situation is multiple synology units; I am thinking of selling all of the units off and migrating them over to JBOD TrueNAS/vSAN setup. The units I am looking at getting rid of are the following: DS3018xs/DX1215 RS10613xs+/RX1213sas RS10613xs+/RX1213sas I have a total of 62...
  2. D

10gbit routing

I am looking for suggestions for a router capable of 3x 1gbps wan connections (2 of which will be loadbalanced) and at least 3x sfp+ 10gbit connections. I am looking at the MikroTik CCR1072, the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Infinity as new devices but can someone think of a retired piece of equipment...
  3. D

Cumulus alternatives

I am fairly new to whitebox networking, I purchased a Celestica D4040 and was surprised to see that it has Cumulus 3.3 installed. The problem is the unit is fairly extensively configured and I tried to do a 'net del all' but it wouldn't complete giving me a dhcpd error, I have looked into doing...
  4. D

Error flashing SX6036 *Fixed no real solution*

Does anyone have a solution for this particular issue? I have received an HP part numbered SX6036 running 3.2.0330-100, I have tried to flash it to 3.6.8008 or even 3. 4.0012 through both the web interface or sftp through the CLI. The installation gets to 11% step 4 then throws the following...
  5. D

Cumulus License Question

I just received a Celestica D4040 today and when I booted it up lo and behold Cumulus 3.3.2 installed. Does anyone know how I can check to see if this a trial license or just the license status?
  6. D

Mellanox SX6018F Connection Issue

Hey all, I have just received an SX6018F I tried to do my due dilligence to make sure it was not an EMC model but I am running into issues. I am connecting the switch into CX354A cards and I am getting no link, now one thing I see it's the web interface of the switch is reporting "Mellanox...