Search results

1. D

Suggestions for consolidating my storage

256TB RAW in production (88TB offline), current formatted storage is 184.8TB with 93.4TB in use. 12x10TB 6x 8TB 44x 4TB 4x 1TB (Cache)
  2. D

Suggestions for consolidating my storage

My current storage situation is multiple synology units; I am thinking of selling all of the units off and migrating them over to JBOD TrueNAS/vSAN setup. The units I am looking at getting rid of are the following: DS3018xs/DX1215 RS10613xs+/RX1213sas RS10613xs+/RX1213sas I have a total of 62...
  3. D

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Haha, I assume I can figure out what I need to do to get/modify the binaries in this thread. I'll have to work my way through it.
  4. D

I need to fix the firmware on my SX6018, it looks like the previous owner messed around with the firmware and now it's not loading properly. The issues I am running into are: the web interface is showing the switch as an SX6036 the LEDs on the front panel show all green even if...
  5. D

10gbit routing

I am looking for suggestions for a router capable of 3x 1gbps wan connections (2 of which will be loadbalanced) and at least 3x sfp+ 10gbit connections. I am looking at the MikroTik CCR1072, the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Infinity as new devices but can someone think of a retired piece of equipment...
  6. D

Celestica D4040

@okrasit I finally got a change to run the files you posted, everything looks fantastic. Thanks so much for the post!
  7. D

Celestica D4040

I would love to use sonic (or really anything) as I currently don't have a functional OS on my switch.
  8. D

Cumulus alternatives

I just want to tell you good luck we're all counting on you. No I messed up and didn't think of that I just grabbed the license key and let it go.
  9. D

Cumulus alternatives

Well as a follow up Sonic installed but doesn't work I get the "port_dict is None!" error which seems like a compatibility error and when I try to install ONL it won't even install because they don't have an cel_smallstone_xp module. I guess it looks like unless I can find a Cumulus installer I...
  10. D

Cumulus alternatives

I got the response back from Cumulus I thought I would so I backed up the license and am now wiping the switch to try out Sonic. Their compatibility list doesn't include the D4040 but their images are not switch model based only chipset based and the Trident 2 is compatible so we'll see.
  11. D

Cumulus alternatives

I am fairly new to whitebox networking, I purchased a Celestica D4040 and was surprised to see that it has Cumulus 3.3 installed. The problem is the unit is fairly extensively configured and I tried to do a 'net del all' but it wouldn't complete giving me a dhcpd error, I have looked into doing...
  12. D

Error flashing SX6036 *Fixed no real solution*

Thanks for the suggestion but I guess the solution was keep trying until it worked. I got the 3.4 then the 3.8 worked after the DOA SX6018 I received it's nice having a working switch now I can play with inifiband and 40gbit ethernet through my Celestica.
  13. D

Error flashing SX6036 *Fixed no real solution*

Does anyone have a solution for this particular issue? I have received an HP part numbered SX6036 running 3.2.0330-100, I have tried to flash it to 3.6.8008 or even 3. 4.0012 through both the web interface or sftp through the CLI. The installation gets to 11% step 4 then throws the following...
  14. D

Cumulus License Question

switchd is running looks like I got lucky with my pickup
  15. D

Cumulus License Question

I just received a Celestica D4040 today and when I booted it up lo and behold Cumulus 3.3.2 installed. Does anyone know how I can check to see if this a trial license or just the license status?
  16. D

If I could get it as well that would be fantastic, maybe I can resurrect my 6018.
  17. D

Mellanox SX6018F Connection Issue

Do you possibly have a source for a valid firmware? For the life of me I cannot find one.
  18. D

Thanks for validating what I thought. I will now proceed to wade through that monster of a thread.
  19. D

Under ports it is showing transceiver information I have attached a screenshot of the port interface.
  20. D

Thanks for the reply, I am running IB and the cards are set to IB. The switch has a local subnet manager that is running, I mean all I did was turn it on no actual config so I'm not sure if there's something I need to do to finalize the config.