Search results

1. A

Storage Spaces Direct poor write performance -- drives claim to have PLP

I performed some reference tests by removing the 800GB caching drive and only writing to a non-S2D storage pool containing the 6 capacity drives. Drive/Storage Spaces configuration Model: TOSHIBA PX04SVB192 (850MB/s rated sequential write) Size: 1.92 Qty: 6 Storage Pool Configuration...
  2. A

While the drives were not in an S2D pool, I had enabled the following options in devmgmt.msc: "Enable write caching on the device" "Turn off Windows write-cache buffer flushing on this device" After setting these, the drives showed as "IsPowerProtected = True" prior to S2D pool creation...
  3. A

I took one of the drives apart, and I see 6 capacitors, which would seem to support their claim of having PLP. Not sure why Windows detects these as not having PLP.
  4. A

I have a couple drive models which the datasheets claim have power loss protection, however, PowerShell reports "IsPowerProtected" as false after they join the S2D pool. These are enterprise-grade drives. I get sub-optimal performance with VMFleet, about 550MB/s write throughput and suspect...
  5. A

Dell r720 w/LSI SAS 9207-8i HBA boot issue

I've got it figured out a workaround. During the initial post, pressing "CTRL + C" to enter the LSI BIOS will be skipped. What I had to do was enter "BIOS Boot Manager" through Dell's BIOS, once the GUI menu opened, I chose "Normal Boot" which scans again for hardware including the LSI card...
  6. A

Dell r720 w/LSI SAS 9207-8i HBA boot issue

I'm having an issue booting Hyper-V Server 2016 from an SSD that resides on the LSI SAS 9207-8i HBA. The card is flashed to the newest firmware (IT Mode) and I have flashed the latest BIOS to the card. After flashing the BIOS and enabling the boot driver in the Dell r720, I can see the card...