Search results

1. T

Supermicro server can't turn on after I disconnect IEC power cord cable without turning off the main

Ok, I just returned from the SM distributor office. Guess what happened? The service guy plugged in Server A and it booted. I'm completely puzzled. Then he plugged in Server B and there was a BANG. He jerked and quickly left the room. I noticed that he was wearing rubber safety boots. I...
  2. T

Supermicro server can't turn on after I disconnect IEC power cord cable without turning off the main

f Thanks. Do you mean the electric circuit breaker in my home or if there's a circuit breaker in the server itself? Here's the tests I did, and the result: 1. Connected SM Server A to Power socket 1 using Power cable 1 and switched on the mains - Failed. 2. Connected SM Server A to Power...
  3. T

Yes, I plugged back the power cable but it won't turn on after that. I've tried changing to another power cable but it didn't help. Let me explained what actually happened and the sequence of events. I had a server (Server A) connected to the power cable (and power socket) and decided to...
  4. T

Hi, I'm not able to turn on my server after shutting down Windows and then disconnect the power cable from the IEC socket on the Power Supply unit. There's no burnt smell but heard some cracking sounds when I remove the cable. I tried changing to another power cable but to no avail. I did...