Search results

1. D

Accelerate Graphics Performance on VM’s and Remote MachinesI’m

Two-fold use case here. I’m regularly working cross-platform and utilize many VM’s and bare metal servers/workstations. Sometimes accessing them from remote locations, sometimes while on-site. Most of the VM’s are KVM platform, with a GPU passed-through. The bare metal machines, of course have...
  2. D

Weird Supermicro x9-DRW-IF Issue - 5 Beeps - No Output Devices

One of my Supermicro X9's won't post. It has been working without issue for months. I powered it down to install new HBA, powered back up and get 5 beeps, and no post. Removed all RAM, HDD, PCI-e cards, installed 1 stick of brand new RAM. Powered back up I get the same 5 beeps. (the tone is...
  3. D

FS: 2 Chelsio T-422-CR, 1 T440-LP-CR, 1 Myricom Myri -10g. Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI

I've got 4 Extra 10 10GBE NICS I purchased last month, which turned out to be overpurchased. I've got 2 Chelsio T-422-CR (Dual 10GBE SFP+ and dual 1gbe) -> $60 Each 1 Chelsio T-440-LP-CR with Spider Cable (4x10GBE) -> $100, $75 without Cable I'll make a package deal if you want all 3 The...
  4. D

Advice Needed on ZFS Array Design

I'm re-working a few things in the structure of my startup's data storage and r&d lab. Since I've been working, and somewhat halting on the super high performance data serving need in the r&d lab. I'm taking a quick break to tackle, what should be a much easier challenge, and that is my primary...
  5. D

NAS OS for NVME-OF and/or 100GbE

I’m new, so hopefully I am posting in the correct forum. I’ve been through several OS trials & testing over the last several months, through several hardware systems, and am still looking for an easy to implement OS that can provide the necessary software for achieving high speeds that will...