Search results

1. D

Accelerate Graphics Performance on VM’s and Remote MachinesI’m

Two-fold use case here. I’m regularly working cross-platform and utilize many VM’s and bare metal servers/workstations. Sometimes accessing them from remote locations, sometimes while on-site. Most of the VM’s are KVM platform, with a GPU passed-through. The bare metal machines, of course have...
  2. D

cse-846 power cable options?

I’ve got several of the same server cases, along with various other supermicro cases. I’ve utilized several methods for achieving this. Not knowing your use case, or comfortability working with voltage, so I will just tell you what I have done. In one of my racks, I have several server cases...
  3. D

NAS OS for NVME-OF and/or 100GbE

I figured I should come back and give an update. I made some progress! I went through all of supermicro’s software defined storage solutions. Among the Solutions was Excelero. I talked with them extensively, but the software license was cost prohibitive for the subscription. I learned that...
  4. D

Weird Supermicro x9-DRW-IF Issue - 5 Beeps - No Output Devices

I’ll try a different slot. I’ve got the RAM plugged into the first blue dim. And the second set of beeps is weird. It’s faster and not the same rhythmic pattern.
  5. D

I believe it is not activating that. The BMC LED is not on. The UID LED is not on either. The BMC is not working, is my understanding.
  6. D

It’s doing the 5 long-ish beeps followed by high pitched 4 beeps. Just does it once.
  7. D

Yep, I reset CMOS. I just changed the jumper on BMC. I get the same amount of beeps. No video output yet, but it could be taking longer than usual to boot. So far, nothing yet.
  8. D

Yep, I reset CMOS. I just changed the jumper on BMC. I get the same amount of beeps. No video output yet, but it could be taking longer than usual to boot. So far, nothing yet.
  9. D

I narrowed it a little bit. The BMC Led light on the motherboard is not blinking, this goes along with the beeps I am hearing. Not sure what to do from here, but starting the search.
  10. D

FS: 2 Chelsio T-422-CR, 1 T440-LP-CR, 1 Myricom Myri -10g. Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI

I will check, but I think they are all pci-e 2.0 I’ve got a little xpenology box with the same Situation, where I put a single 10gbe Chelsio adapter in a 1x slot, works great. Of course it won’t hit 1 gigabyte per second, but will do a little over half. Depending on your setup that might be...
  11. D

One of my Supermicro X9's won't post. It has been working without issue for months. I powered it down to install new HBA, powered back up and get 5 beeps, and no post. Removed all RAM, HDD, PCI-e cards, installed 1 stick of brand new RAM. Powered back up I get the same 5 beeps. (the tone is...
  12. D

FS: 2 Chelsio T-422-CR, 1 T440-LP-CR, 1 Myricom Myri -10g. Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI

I've got 4 Extra 10 10GBE NICS I purchased last month, which turned out to be overpurchased. I've got 2 Chelsio T-422-CR (Dual 10GBE SFP+ and dual 1gbe) -> $60 Each 1 Chelsio T-440-LP-CR with Spider Cable (4x10GBE) -> $100, $75 without Cable I'll make a package deal if you want all 3 The...
  13. D

Advice Needed on ZFS Array Design

Fantastic post. Thanks for taking the time to write that. You covered 90% of what I really needed to know. My only assumption is I’d have to move from pool to pool manually. I tried creating a test pool with a funny result. Something happened between the volume creation and mount point. I’m...
  14. D

Advice Needed on ZFS Array Design

I'm re-working a few things in the structure of my startup's data storage and r&d lab. Since I've been working, and somewhat halting on the super high performance data serving need in the r&d lab. I'm taking a quick break to tackle, what should be a much easier challenge, and that is my primary...
  15. D

Incredibly useful info. Thank you. The VM’s are some form of distribution for developers which were issued for use by the organization I work for in my other life. Probably does support that protocol. Are there any other settings or tunings I should execute? You don’t have to elaborate, you...
  16. D

I've blown my own mind a bit. I'm wondering if someone could help me figure out why this is the case. Because this is likely the key to solving my problem. Or, at least a possible route. I was working with a few VM's a moment ago. Just a couple of Windows 10 VM's. Transferring between the NVME...
  17. D

Nice, thanks for the suggestion of v9000. I just checked it out. Wondering now if my Girlfriend’s employee discount will work on that. Haha. Looks like it has what I need, and support behind it. That’s a definite possibility. There’s some functionality that is a little Overkill for me now, but...
  18. D

Also, as I started researching proprietary solutions, i didn’t really find much for hardware/software bundled in a complete package. I’m sure there are options out there, aside from qnap and synology junk, I just haven’t discovered them yet. (And I refer to it as junk because many of their...
  19. D

I appreciate all the ideas for brainstorming, it’s definitely got me researching new avenues and leading to some progress. I have tried intel VROC with mixed thoughts. My biggest few issues there are: -Creating the RAID in the pre-boot environment doesn’t actually create a raid volume that’s...