Search results

1. N

10 Gbit NAS for home network limited by SATA data limit

@Mike W, Thanks for the offer! They seem to have to import it so I must wait till next week but it's great to know beforehand that it might work :-)
  2. N

Sorry for the confusion, but extra options just create confusion for a noob like me :-). I already ordered a QNAP 473 with an expansion card for the 10Gb option. This seems to have the best results for writing MB/$ for what its worth. I wasn 't really stuck at the 600MB/s though I realize I...
  3. N

@ttabbal Yes they tested with HDD's, but that shouldn't max out all traffic in all reviews at 600MB/s. I didn't know there was something like SATA port sharing. That might explain the max speed of 600MB/s. @BoredSysadmin, you mention the direct cable, i'd considered that as well but I wondered...
  4. N

Thanks for your answers. I agree with @ttabbal and @BoredSysadmin that hardware matters and the systems I list are not top-notch but I would like to point out two observations: I suggest you take a look at all servethehome reviews of qnap, synology, asustor and netgear NAS servers with a 10 GbE...
  5. N

Thanks for your help @gea and @BoredSysadmin! I understand now that it is possible to have double the data speed of SATA with RAID 0 by striping and I assume that a RAID 10 has essentially the same speed. That explains why the data speeds I see can be 1,2GB/s for the QNAP tvs-882ST3, that is, in...
  6. N

My home network is a 1 Gbit setup with a QNAP NAS and ditto switch. This works fairly well but is rather slow when I process large amounts of data. I bought a dedicated SSD for my workstation, that works, but what I actually want is a fast NAS that delivers data over a fast network. My...