Search results

1. L

U-NAS NSC-810A Hot Swap Bays not receiving power

I've resolved the issue - It was indeed the 3.3v pin. So for anyone who comes across this issue via search, you can pry off the third pin metal trace. This allowed the U-NAS NSC-810A to detect all the drives (applicable only to WD 'White Label' drives).
  2. L

I see, I'll apply the modifications on all the drives and see if they're detected in the hot swap bays. I'm seeing a light for the sun icon (power?) for each of the drives when plugged in. The other indicator is un-lit, is this the drive-activity light? (The icon looks like a cylidner).
  3. L

The hot swap bays are powered with two 4-pin molex. If the system can boot into the OS with the drives plugged in with a direct SATA cable and 15-pin SATA power from PSU (without blocking the 3.3v pin), does that also eliminate it as a contributing factor?
  4. L

Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with my unit. I've sent a couple e-mails to U-NAS and have also called them but I haven't received any response yet. System Specs: Case: U-NAS NSC-810A Motherboard: Supermicro X11SCH-LN4F Drives: 8x 10tb WD 'White Label' WD100EMAZ PSU: geeek custom AcBel...
  5. L

X11SSH-LN4F trouble creating EFI partition on NVMe drive

For anyone who is coming across this thread via search and may be having the same issue - there was a setting in my BIOS which checked for certified/validated NVMe drives (from Supermicro's official list). I changed the option to non-validated or non-certified drives, and I was able to boot...
  6. L

X11SSH-LN4F trouble creating EFI partition on NVMe drive

Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble with this workflow and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me troubleshoot. There were several threads I came across, but this one is the closest to what I'm experiencing. I'm trying to install and boot from Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS amd64 on my NVMe...