Search results

1. A

FreeNAS based on Asrock C2750D4I

Go and get longer sata cables and use the intel ports, instead of the marvell ones.
  2. A

How big is Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 - Hypervisor RAM, Disk, CPU

My Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 (full install with GUI) c:\windows\ directory is 20.5GB. Totall disk space usage on the c:\ partition is 22.2GB. Running it on a 80GB ssd. My VM's are stored on a second SSD. So a 32GB SSD would do fine.
  3. A

Hyper-V All-in-One (Firewall, Router, ZFS, napp-it Web) - Under 60w

And how many disks? As 60W is just 12W short of mine AsRock C2750 setup when it's running at 100% (with 4 SATA disks, 2 SSD's, the cpu at 100% and 32GB of 1.5V memory). Or is the PSU you are using a bit rubbish at low Watt usage?
  4. A

Why no avatars?

Yeah well, but it's not something you gain anything with. A small number of posts here doesn't mean you are a noob, knowledge-wise ;)
  5. A

Why no avatars?

To be honest: I like it the way it is. Without any fancy-pancy avatars, ranking or other crap.
  6. A

Haswell vs Avoton for Mini-ITX NAS?

tbh, it's not an AsRock specific issue: it's a general Marvell issue. But if you stick with the 6 Intel ports (4xsata2 and 2xsata3) you will be fine ;)
  7. A

Supermicro X7SPE-HF-D525 / X7SPA-HF-D525 Thread

The C2750D4I supports RDimms. And a quick look tells me RDimms are available trough regular retailers.
  8. A

Supermicro X7SPE-HF-D525 / X7SPA-HF-D525 Thread

64GB even. Or at least the AsRock C2750D4I does support 64GB ram.
  9. A

AIDA64 Extreme Edition can read out power values of the CPU Package of the Avoton: currently it's using 7.72Watt. I've ran a report from within AIDA64, with all kinds of system information, check it here: Report of <HYPAHV2> There are some quick bencmarks at the end. (The Windows Keys are...
  10. A

The board has the latest BIOS: 1.50 from the Asrock Website, released 5 december 2013. The Marvell website doesn't have any driver-downloads. Those allways goes through their 'partners'. The SATA driver for the Marvell controller on the AsRock website is version 1.2.0.1035. I am already using...
  11. A

Yes. The 'hardware' Raid1 function.
  12. A

Just a note: don't buy the AsRock C2750D4I because it has 12 SATA ports. The ports connected to the Marvell chipsets are shit. Don't use them. I connected two of my 3TB drives to the 9230 and configured a Raid1 array. Also my Intel X25M OS-SSD was connected to the 9230. And Windows 2012 R2...
  13. A

Using a regular 'kitchen' Watt-meter: the Profile Comfort PCF600. It's cheap and thus not that accurate.
  14. A

Nope, no HDD's attached during that benchmark, only the bord, memory, the SSD and a be quiet! Straight Power E9 400W powersupply, which was tested here: (in German): PC-Experience Reviews : | be quiet! Straight Power E9 400Watt Netzteil im Test As far as I recon his Watt test was with the...
  15. A

Those can be run under Windows? 26 Watt idle and 42 Watt from the wall outlet, while running Cinebench R15. That is with 4x8GB 1.5V memory, the board itself and 1 Intel X25M 80GB SSD.
  16. A

Cinebench 15R results: 313 points (running under Windows Server Standard 2012 R2) For a comparisson list see: http://www.cbscores.com/index.php?sort=rend&order=desc If there are any benchmark request (which run under Windows), let me know and I see what I can do.
  17. A

So, finally got it! Tonight putting everything together.
  18. A

What is the formatted/ usable capacity of the Crucial M500 960GB Drive?

Somewhere around 937.5 GB formatted space. ((960 * 1000)) / 1024
  19. A

Ivy Bridge Celeron v. Rangeley Which is Faster?

Sorry, just very curious ;) So the "Celeron 1007U in Single Threaded and Rangeley C2758 Multi Threaded" statement is the most correct one. Tomorrow I have my hands on my C2750. Thought it would be today, but the postoffice worked against me.
  20. A

Ivy Bridge Celeron v. Rangeley Which is Faster?

Ofcourse, otherwise he wouldn't have started this thread with a poll I guess :-D But, a Celeron 1007U gets kicked in the butt by a i3-3220. And the C2750 was quite competitive versus the i3-3220 according to Patricks C2750 benchmark thread...