Search results

1. J

Video Card For 4x High Resolution Displays

When using XMODEM, the transfer has been stalling and stopping with no error about halfway through the transfer, and I am getting a file write error when using the copy command to load an image from tftp.
  2. J

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

Probably worth adding the Nytros now as well as they have been officially announced and listed.
  3. J

24 SSD's + Supermicro X9/96GB/10GBE- am I crazy?

If possible, stay below 60% fillrate or performance drops. Optionally tune IP settings (Jumboframes) Insert as much RAM as possible. Check Arc statistice to decide to buy more RAM or a SSD ARC for caching
  4. J

Voltaire/Mellanox 4036 firmware update

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get in the shell? or something I might have missed from the secondary boot. Perhaps a way to roll back (but this seems unlikely).
  5. J

10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Networking - NICs, Switches, etc.

So many different things at the same time : Infiniband, 10GbE RJ45, Thunderbolt ...all cards seem to be dual-port : can it be aggregated (20Gbs between hosts ?) or it has another goal (daisy-chain ?) ?
  6. J

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

I'll let you know if they work when they get here. So far the cables are installed and happy with Win 7 and 8. Like s0lid, I had no luck with Ubuntu so far, and no love on FreeBSD.
  7. J

Can't shut down ESXi 5.5 host fully

sounds like the drivers for the motherboard are incomplete as far as power management, does it show in vcenter your power load under advanced performance ?
  8. J

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

The images that I have seem to be a different revision than the ones that came with ewheelerinc's unit.
  9. J

On ebay: Quanta 48p GbE + 2x 10GbE L3 switch @ 289USD

I'm not sure where you got that 281W at idle figure. Mine has dual power supplies and pulls about 80W (confirmed using Kill-a-watt). Granted that's with only three devices plugged in, but still...
  10. J

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

I'll let you know if they work when they get here. So far the cables are installed and happy with Win 7 and 8. Like s0lid, I had no luck with Ubuntu so far, and no love on FreeBSD.
  11. J

50+TB NAS Build, vSphere Cluster and Network Overhaul

As this is all being setup in a temporary place (will all live in a 42U when I move) I have no access to the back. Plus the equipment is located in the one of the worst places so wanted a easy way of moving it in and out.
  12. J

Nexenta - stalled company?

Granted, the commercial licenses were always that way, but making that kind of a change for the community edition in the middle of a "dot" release showed poor character in my opinion.
  13. J

Dell PowerEdge C6100 XS23-TY3 2.5 x24 Bay 4 Node 8x Intel E5520

I would imagine I will have it by Thursday next week.
  14. J

Dual NICs on PCIE x1 slot recommendation

That mod looks pretty scary. Look how close the upper left corner of the cut area is to the signal traces and vias for the remaining part of the connector. Even if you don't physically cut into that area, if your cutoff wheel generates too much heat you could delaminate the traces and break them.
  15. J

On ebay: Quanta 48p GbE + 2x 10GbE L3 switch @ 289USD

I'm also very curious to know if it will actually do line speed on all ports, and what the stability is like.
  16. J

Why no avatars?

At least that way there is some kind of content control and it takes hotlinking out of the game (and changing the linked picture after the moderation).
  17. J

My HTPC build experiences

If you want some more choice in cases you could opt to go with a pico-psu and a 12v brick. The more powerful ones might just do fine with about 3 disks.
  18. J

Let's watercool a 42U Rack and some servers

A lot of pump is going to be needed for the rise and to get through the rads. Maybe look into a larger pond pump for the return and another on the cold side if doing a single loop. I would go with larger supply and return lines, like 3/4in. I think a single loop with vales on the hot side to...
  19. J

looking for 24 port fan-less cisco fast ethernet switch

Also, these switches are ancient and only do fast ethernet.
  20. J

Infiniband IPoIB performance problems?

It seems windows doesn't do LRO and TOE/VMQ/other settings are exclusive to each other and who knows what's best for efficiency?