Search results

1. H

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

If you're not using the latest and greatest switches from Ruckus (8200 / 7650 / 7850 etc) just stick to 08.xx instead of 09.xx or 10.xx. The newer OS releases are super SLOW on older hardware
  2. H

H12SSL-I Stuck at "bmc initiating"

fail early. fail often :p
  3. H

Tyan S8030GM2NE

What RolloZ170 said, also ... - test the motherboard outside without any case - where did you get the CPU from? Is it vendor locked by any chance?
  4. H

So ... upgraded the ICX7650 to 10.0.10c and I had some issues with the CLI being non functional. Simply put -after a while, the CLI would error out with CLI_SHELL_FAILED: SCP_HDLR-TASK ITC_INIT, ITC_ERR[27] and the only thing that would help is a reload. I read that Ruckus was planning fixes in...
  5. H

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Downgraded to 200.14.6.1.179 from 200.15.6.112.52 - everything was good except my iPhone 15 just wouldn't stay connected to the WiFi - tried WPA2 and WPA2/WPA3 mixed, tried rebooting the iphone - for whatever reason it would get a self assigned IP after it had done a screen lock and wake up...
  6. H

New Micron 7400 PRO 7.68TB NVMe U.3 (7mm) Non-SED Enterprise SSD - $349

Has anyone started getting these annoying mails from Crucial saying the 7400 is back in stock = but on the website there's no retailers and no buying options?
  7. H

Tyan S8030GM2NE

What BIOS and BMC version are you on ?
  8. H

Pretty much - it's like a crappier Netgear UI - for example here's VLANs Port settings I found some bugs - adding a VE with an IP address via the UI creates the VE without any IP assigned. WTF ?
  9. H

Did you try 09.0.10d?
  10. H

Updated to 10.0.10c on my ICX7650 and 09.0.10d on the ICX7150-C12P. What I noticed was - The 7650 login didn't work after the update but you can use Ctrl+Y to drop into the OS console and reset the local user and password - The 7150 wouldn't connect to unleashed because of SSH key size - doing...
  11. H

OWC Thunderbolt 10G Ethernet Adapter vs Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 (10G) Ethernet Adapter

Yep indeed, it surprised me when the newer version couldnt take the newer firmware. I have not tried again and it could be that I need to redo the firmware update but need to find the time to do it. This is what the OLD adapter looks like (the old one has a review here: OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3...
  12. H

OWC Thunderbolt 10G Ethernet Adapter vs Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 (10G) Ethernet Adapter

I have both a newer and older version of the OWC adapter. - newer version comes with a rubber surround - older version comes with an all metal case - newer version does NOT like being updated - older version can be successfully updated - both versions can happily do 10Gbps on both Mac and...
  13. H

Tyan S8030GM2NE

Does anyone have issues powering off ESXi hosts on the S8030? I'm observing that shutting down / powering off ESXi from vCenter or from the ESXi web portal (or even via API / PowerCLI / esxcli ) causes it to shutdown and then restart again - really weird. update: just reinstalled ESXi 8.0U2...
  14. H

Adapt a HP DL380 Gen10 NVME backplane to a standard ATX power supply?

I’ve tried with 3.3V and no luck. The only other thing I can think of is that the riser is actually PCIe 16x and not 2 * 16x. Which would mean the SlimSAS 8i connectors are in reality providing 2x lanes instead of 4x. Could explain why it doesn’t work on a “normal” SlimSAS connection
  15. H

I've asked this before but didn't really receive any real answers: for the 7150 and 7650 - is there any value in updating to FastIron 09.0.10j and 10.0.10c respectively over and above 08.0.95j?
  16. H

That’s weird because judging by the connections from a HP Gen9 - these would work directly from the CPU PCIe lanes and not from Tri-Mode controllers. In fact the HPE forums have techs advising that the cages *need* dual CPUs, ostensibly to provide a sufficient quantity of direct PCIe lanes
  17. H

A few folks on the thread talked about helping and measuring the voltages from a working HPE chassis but didn't hear anything after that. I've tried searching forums, posted here and on Level1Techs, but no one seems to know anything about these NVMe cages ...