Search results

1. R

The new Apple Mac Pro has one interesting motherboard design...

I think that OP is comparing the new cheese grater to the old one. :)
  2. R

The new Apple Mac Pro has one interesting motherboard design...

Why not install MacOS in a KVM ontop of a linux OS? Just pass everything through...
  3. R

Best torque screwdriver

Bit of a noob here! Why a torque screwdriver? Do the newer hp servers not use cpu latches or are we talking about amd stuff?
  4. R

Mellanox ConnectX-2 Still Good?

@BackupProphet Is there a specific specific model number for the 40G cards. The only 40G cards that I have found are the MHRH2A-XSR that have 40G Infiiband and 10G Ethernet which i would get except that what i save on the cards i spend on the qsfp cables. BTW is this a good deal: 2x...
  5. R

Thanks!!
  6. R

Could you give me a model number for the 40Gb ConnectX-3 cards please. I will be connecting my NAS server (L ubuntu 16.04.2LTS) to my R710 workstation. TBH i'm still undecided between Ubuntu 19.x.x and Windows 10 Pro.
  7. R

Hi there. I have recently started building a homelab based on a custom NAS and a few R710's. I am looking to upgrade to 10G networking (point to point, NAS to workstation R710) and am wondering if the ConnectX-2 cards (mnpa19-XTR) are still any good? I've heard that they are plug and play in...
  8. R

Now, about this Cobalt Qube 3 of mine...

Strip the internals out and turn it into a beast of a sleeper itx workstation.