Search results

1. D

How does (or should) Intel Dynamic LAG work?

I am desperately trying to get more than 10gbe over my X550-T2 nic over to my ESXi with a X710-T4. The exact flowchart: 1) Windows 10 Pro, X550-T2 with both ports teamed using IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic Link Aggregation (according to Intel PROSet Adapter Config Utility) Settings: Jumbo-Packets MTU...
  2. D

[Solved] SAS3008 not SR-IOV capable?

Hi, I just upgraded my server from 6.7 with an older SuperMicro board (including an SAS2008 controller) to 7.0 and an SAS3008 controller. Exact product: Broadcom SAS 9300-8i, LSI00344 (should be a HBA in IT mode as far as I know?) In ESXi that controller is not listed as SR-IOV / Passthrough...
  3. D

Check efficiency of lz4 compression in ZFS

Hi, is it possible to see the real space usage of a file in ZFS when e.g. lz4 compression is enabled? When I do a ls -l of a folder it looks like it shows the non-compressed size (or compression is completely ineffective for those files) though. Anyone already hampered with that kind of stuff...
  4. D

rsync or cp creates trivial ACLs on the destination

Is there a way to suppress this? I mean so far as I see these (almost full rights for owner@, read_attr_set for group@ and everyone@) they will not really hamper with anything but with a bit of OCD that looks horrible in my neat designed group-based ACLs. Copying data onto the folders via...
  5. D

napp-it: some disks have same enclosure id, second disk vanishes when mapping the other

Hi, I now added a second JBOD chassis to fit more disks on my server. Now I wanted to create an appliance map so I can recognize the correct disk immediately and also see temperatures etc. of each disk in the map. Although there is a strange issue that some disks have the same enclosure id as...
  6. D

Checking complete disks for errors in OmniOS

Hi, I just upgraded my server rack with a few more drives, now as 12TB per disk is a lot of space I wanted to check them thoroughly for errors before actually using them. On windows I know of several tools to do that but have no experience/idea for Solaris/OmniOS. What do you usually do for...
  7. D

Best way to access storage pool with Linux (Ubuntu Server)

Hi, I am currently playing around to set up a Nextcloud server on an Ubuntu Server machine and failed hard to mount the NFS share for some reason. (want to outsource the www/nextcloud/data folder to my ZFS) For sudo mount -t nfs 10.0.0.101:/storage/nfs /mnt/cloud -vvvv Always getting mount(2)...
  8. D

How to get a HGST/WD 4U60 chassis (or similar)

Hi, I wonder if those or similar chassis are available for consumer as empty chassis (without drives included) somewhere in europe (ideally austria/germany). Checking ebay every day if something pops up is rather annoying (and how long can that take in EU), when I search for 4U60 I usually...