Search results

1. P

Supermicro motherboard won't power with AX1600i

Oh Snaps! That is super cool. I thought I had to buy a little chip or something, but I'm in!!! My CPUs and Memory are all showing up. Just gotta poke around. Thank you!
  2. P

Technically, yes, but I don't know how yet. I'm still a bit a noob with this motherboard. Don't I need a card of some sort to hook IPMI up? It seems as though this motherboard no longer has the JPG1 jumper to set VGA off board. Hoping that was the remedy, but trying to see if I have an adapter...
  3. P

Nice. I'll have to familiarize myself with unraid a bit later. I will say this regarding the OP. The EVGA 1600T2 doesn't have the proper number of spots on the psu for the extra CPU/EPS 4 pin, which is why the Corsair was better for the Supermicro X11DPG-QT. They have proprietary shared...
  4. P

This is resolved. Seems to work just fine. I was stupidly reading the manual flipped for the JF1 header. It is odd that Supermicro tech would say they don't support that psu however. Thanks for the responses. Now on to this cryptic beep code
  5. P

Does this sound right to everyone? Supermicro is saying the board is really picky and my power supply will simply not power this properly. There are no other 1600watt ATX power supplies from Supermicro, so what gives? They are trying to say you have to use one of their chassis and a redundant...
  6. P

Dual Xeon Gold 6154 Workstation

Did you end up building this workstation? Did that power supply power up that board for you?
  7. P

Workstation Dual Xeon Gold 6254 Workstation

Oh, sorry. No, you had mentioned @1,370 above for the system I was potentially building with adding the 3rd card in there. Just not quite sure how you arrived at that.
  8. P

I've ordered the Supermicro x11DPG-QT. Appreciate the feedback on the ASUS c621e Sage. I'm going to at least get that Supermicro board in hand to see if I can make it fit without a too much difficulty in that Elite chassis. Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at the @1370watt power draw...
  9. P

I certainly understand about the investment of time. Just in my own research for this build, it can be frustrating getting reliable information, and waiting around for parts, not being told when components may or may not be released, reading up on all the pieces of the puzzle with a big...
  10. P

Really great write up btw! I've actually read that about 5 times before today. Would have liked to see some other comparisons as mentioned in the comments, but appreciate and gained a lot from the review.
  11. P

Thanks for the link. Will read up momentarily. I don't know if I just typed this weird, but I don't feel like I implied I was going to run 4 cards air-cooled in one case. I'm running 2 RTX Titans to start, and MAYBE a third for monitors and designated apps to free up the main cards while...
  12. P

It will be fine with just the two RTX cards with 1600 watts. I mentioned in my post I was only using 2 and not sure what the plan was yet with the other two. edit: misread your respones from another post, but curious how...
  13. P

I have had some great advice elsewhere, but I'm still a tad undecided on the motherboard. As far as expanding m.2 drives, isn't the Supermicro a bit limited to using expansion PCIe, versus the ASUS having 4x U.2 connectors(adapter << m.2), VROC etc.? Plus, I'd have to "slightly" modify that...
  14. P

Build Nomenclature: Malkovich····•••····Malkovich Distro: Linux - Arch CPU: (2x) Xeon Gold 6254 RAM: 384GB Crucial 2933 DDR4 ECC ((12x) 32GB modules) Chassis: Phanteks Elite Black Drives: (1x) Samsung 970 Pro 1TB [boot], (2x) Samsung 970 EVO 2TB [cache] GPU: (2x) RTX Titan, (1x)2080ti...
  15. P

Gigabyte C621-WD12

What's the deal with this board? Is it ever going to be released... Curiously, with a quick google search, the manual for this board has an (IPMI). Are they still versioning this perhaps? I'm wanting to build a high end workstation, and trying to figure out if this board is going to be an...