Search results

1. T

CX516A-GCAT -> CX556A-ECAT?

@mattaw Just to confirm this, would you be able to run iperf or similar? Since PCIe3 x4 would cap at 4 * ~1GB/s * 8bits/Byte ~= 32Gbit/s, and the transceiver is able to do 40Gbit/s, any number between 32 & 40 would definitively settle it.
  2. T

ZOL - refresh a pool status when disk is physically missing

The line mars 08 14:46:14 HOST kernel: txg_sync_thread+0x2e0/0x4a0 [zfs] suggests to my amateur reading that we're stuck waiting for a write to disk to complete, and since there's no active drive in the pool it can't complete. I managed to find some slightly older roadmap-powerpoints from one...
  3. T

LSI 9300-8i SR-IOV

Are you sure they weren't talking about giving the VM the whole controller?
  4. T

So then both active members of the pool is gone? That might be a state that recovery isn't tested for. Might have to file a bug for that. If you check the kernel log there should be a hung task-calltrace, something like: kernel: INFO: task kworker/u66:2:2121 blocked for more than 122 seconds...
  5. T

Hi! Can you clarify the pool layout? A RAID-Z can't be done with 2 disks.
  6. T

optimize zfs for seq reads

I mean you can't expect that much of a change if you're not changing the value - just inserting the default value? :) Another way to boost read speed can be to increase zfs_vdev_async_read_max_active. But doing that at the cost of write latency, which may give complex secondary effects.
  7. T

optimize zfs for seq reads

Isn't that the default value? # uname -a FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p7 # zfs -V zfs-2.1.11-1 zfs-kmod-v2023072100-zfs_0eb787a7e # sysctl -a|grep zfetch vfs.zfs.zfetch.max_idistance: 67108864 vfs.zfs.zfetch.max_distance: 67108864 $ uname -a Linux 6.7.6-gentoo-x86_64 # zfs -V zfs-2.2.3-r0-gentoo...
  8. T

EPYC 7003/7002 lower power CPU

A datapoint at least: H12SSL-i + 7302P 16-Core 155W TDP with a loadavg of 6 currently 4x 64GB 3200MT/s RAM, Nvidia 3090 idling at 22 W, 2x LSI SAS2008 that are 10 W each iirc, Optane 900p @ around 4W or so 12x HDD:s & 7 consumer SSD:s - no clue 2 small 8 port gigabit switches powering 1...
  9. T

Poolsman - ZFS Web GUI for Linux based on Cockpit

@PoolsmanTeam Feature suggestion: enable usage of LUKS as an alternative underlying encryption too, while still pulling SMART-data from the underlying device. Maybe with an overridable check for two members of the pool ending up on the same underlying device. Between the developer funding for...
  10. T

Solidigm P44 Pro 2TB NVMe SSD Review

The description of the benchmark screenshots alternate between "Solidigm P44 Pro 1TB" and "Solidigm P44 Pro 2TB".
  11. T

H12SSL-i IPMI Status: Not working

Is the most recent BMC firmware as recent for the dual socket version as it is for the single socket?
  12. T

Think I might just order a new board while the RMA process goes through. Thanks for the help!
  13. T

Who does that any more? Nah, I'm just saying it didn't pick it up at all. But I can see the drive in BIOS. Currently reformating the drive to FAT16 instead to see if that makes any difference. Since they left instructions on how to fit 16 DIMMS on a 8 DIMM board I thought Super.ROM might be some...
  14. T

SUPER.ROM doesn't seem to be a thing on the H12 boards any longer? Just tried, it can find the USB stick, but it doesn't pick up a new BIOS. So, no success in booting an OS.
  15. T

The H12-boards are listed as new BTW, CPUs as used. No way to verify it, but no signs of use, no wear around the holes for screws or similar.
  16. T

Haha, unpacked, of course. I'd be impressed if it ran with a .zip as firmware.
  17. T

Ah, further down. But yes, it's not blinking as it should. Aligns with BIOS saying it's not working.
  18. T

Are you sure it shouldn't continue blinking indefinitely? Manual doesn't say anthing about solid light at all: LEDM1 BMC heartbeat LED Green: Blinking (BMC normal), Green: Fast blinking (BMC initializing)
  19. T

As stated, the BMC updated fine, I used it afterwards, and addoncards, including GPU, were added after the BMC update. BMC heartbeat LED is blinking for like 8 seconds or so, then it turns on as the system boots. edit: Nothing in the BMC release notes about BIOS requirements, just a lists of...
  20. T

Of course I could have, but it was recommended against.