Search results

1. S

PSA: Western Digital Changed the drives in Elements Enclosures!

Uh.....https://www.45drives.com/products/hard-drives/why-we-recommend-enterprise-class-drives.php Yeah, there sure is alot of low rpm enterprise drives out there............
  2. S

EDAZ (air) and EZAZ (helium) push ~140 MB/s at 70% full - in my testing. But the EDAZ run hotter and louder. I have returned all my EDAZ drives nad have exclusively 8TB EZAZ helium drives and Genuine Red 8TB's. In order of performance the EDAZ actually are the best, although their curv has...
  3. S

I don't see this behavior in other drives proclaiming to be NAS or enterprise. I will have to test more. See the bench speeds. Guess what drive is the EDAZ. I have 3 of these and they all do the same thing, none of my 7 EZAZ helium drives or my 2 Genuine Red 8tbs do this.
  4. S

rpm, very wonky performance. Yes, it will do 200+ MB/s at the beginning of the drive and taper to 100 MB/s near the end, but the peaks and valleys are all over the place in between. Ill post a graph later. Even my WD80EFAX-68KNBN0 while initially slower than the EDAZ drives, perform...
  5. S

I've started a post over on reddit with all the info I've compiled. About DCM on the boxes.
  6. S

I know that is what it says, but in my testing, this drive is most certainty NOT enterprise level. It could be because these are in fact enterprise drives that have been RPM limited in firmware perhaps?
  7. S

Yep, if the smart value shows helium then well its helium :)
  8. S

No sir the EDAZ doesn't have the 3.3v pin reset as they appear to be rebadged desktop drives.
  9. S

EZAZ-11TDBA0 requires tape hack (unless you are using it in a server backplane) or alternatively (what I do) is a use a Sata->Molex adaptor that is missing the orange wire. EDAZ- 11TA3A0 DOES NOT require tape hack
  10. S

I have 6 x WDC_WD80EZAZ-11TDBA0 in my sever, and 2 in my desktop. All shucked. I've just noticed today (after rebuilding my main pc) that one of my drives is actually a WD80EDAZ-11TA3A0. It has come to my attention that this is a AIR filled drive and not Helium like the others. It also DOES...
  11. S

Intel C202, C204, C206 Xeon E3 Bromolow Motherboards Thread

Ive got an HP DL120 G7 with a c204 chipset. Currently has a E3-1220 Xeon HPE website lists the following processors as options (at time of release) Quad-core processors Intel Xeon E3-1280 (3.50 GHz/4-core/8MB/95 W), 1333, HT, Turbo 1/2/3/4 processor Intel Xeon E3-1270 (3.40...