Search results

1. T

ICX7150 for repair?

I'm glad to know I'm not alone at least. I still don't really understand why the switch would cause the PSU to fail when the power shuts off, but I'm no expert in EE.
  2. T

ICX7150 for repair?

One of the 3 switches I purchased seems to be killing power supplies. I replaced the original PSU with an SL Power PSU and it worked fine for several days with a ~28 watt POE load. When I unplugged the power, I couldn't get it to power on again. There were no lights and no indication of power at...
  3. T

Gigabit NAT router suggestion

Thanks all for the suggestions! For the school, I don't believe power consumption is an issue due to the way billing works. I like the Sophos idea, but the price is too high for their budget, at least for now. I'm aware that time-wise, pfSense may be more time-consuming, but the school doesn't...
  4. T

Thank you for the suggestions! I'm really liking the SG-3100 suggestion and the Supermicro server suggestion. Performance-wise, do either of you expect the Supermicro server to outperform the SG-3100 long-term? I'm thinking the price would be very similar for both of these when everything is...
  5. T

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this, but I appreciate any advice anyone may have. I'm helping a private school in the US that has approx. 300 students with a tight budget get ready for the coming semester and they need to offer remote participation to any students who are...
  6. T

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

@LodeRunner Thanks for the information! I will have to look into building an image for it. I have to admit my patience is wearing thin on this switch. I don't have a lot of time and I may just give up on the switch and do a NAND scrub as you did. @sean I will have to briefly look into...
  7. T

ICX 6610 leaky vlan

So, strangely enough, after a switch reboot, the vlans are no longer leaking. I don't understand what the cause was in the first place, but at least everything seems to be appropriately isolated now.
  8. T

@LodeRunner I still haven't found a way to dump the NAND successfully to USB. I have only found a way to copy small amounts of data from the NAND using tftp. I can only access the unlocked bootloader which has limited capability. I'd still really like to save the TPM keys, but I haven't found a...
  9. T

ICX 6610 leaky vlan

Thanks! Here are the results: Port Link State Dupl Speed Trunk Tag Pvid Pri MAC Name 1/1/1 Up Forward Full 1G None No 10 0 cc4e.2482.dcf4 1/1/2 Down None None None None No 10 0 cc4e.2482.dcf4 1/1/3 Up Forward Full 1G None...
  10. T

ICX 6610 leaky vlan

I have two virtual interfaces. I don't know how to check what a vlan's router interface is. Here is the configuration for the show ip interface command: Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol VRF Ve 1 192.168.1.2 YES manual down...
  11. T

ICX 6610 leaky vlan

All of the internet related stuff is on VLAN 2. The ONT plugs into port 47 and the router plugs into port 46. Port 48 is unused at the moment, but it's what I ususally use as a mirror port. Another port on my router connects to port 45 in VLAN 10 which is in the VLAN for most of my other equipment.
  12. T

ICX 6610 leaky vlan

I've recently been having some issues with losing internet connectivity and I've been blaming my ISP. However, after additional investigation, I'm not entirely sure it's the ISP at fault. I have a few port based vlans on my switch. One vlan is specifically to allow monitoring traffic between my...
  13. T

Gauge Interest in Arista 40G QSFP UNIV Transceivers

Hi everyone, sadly, due to the seller not responding to my requests, I had to ask eBay to step in to resolve the issue. I had to send all of the transceivers back. I'll still keep an eye out for a good deal on some UNIV 40Gbps transceivers and let you all know if a similar opportunity arises.
  14. T

@fohdeesha I was able to unlock the hidden bootloader and I do see a tftpput command. However, I'm struggling to understand how to dump the nand into a file. I was hoping to do something like piping the output from the nand read.raw command into the tftpput utility, but I've been unsuccesful...
  15. T

@LodeRunner and @fohdeesha Thank you both for the responses! I will see what I can do about copying the data from flash and copying the keys out. I purchased the switch for less than $50, so it's not a big loss if I can't get it working. I'll let you know if I have any success. If I'm successful...
  16. T

I purchased a broken ICX7150-C12P in hopes it would have a failed PSU issue and have an easy fix. I had success with 3 of these in the past, but unfortunately this switch has a different problem that I'm struggling to fix. The PSU seems to be functional, albeit fairly noisy. Here is the...
  17. T

Thanks for the interest! The seller is extremely slow to respond, so it's taking a while to resolve this. I think we're close to a resolution, but I've been waiting for the seller to respond to a message I sent about a week ago. I just sent a follow-up yesterday to remind the seller I'm waiting...
  18. T

I'm in the middle of resolving the transceiver issues with the seller. I might need to return all of them. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I know for sure if I'll still have them to sell or if I need to return all of them.
  19. T

I received the transceivers and to my dismay, some of them are clearly used in spite of the ebay listing claiming they were "New". I'm in the midst of testing all of them using iperf on each one for an extended time and checking for errors. I'm trying to decide between sending them back and...
  20. T

Thanks for posting that information BeTeP! To me, the best part about them is the ability to use duplex LC so I don't have to purchase MPO cables and run them through the walls. I'm planning to keep a few of them, but I'll be selling most of them.