Search results

1. L

EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

Be careful with those HDMI-VGA cables. The HDMI end must be in the source (Video Card) and VGA on the Display side. It is not bi-directional from my experience. As for the fans, I also had issues but only with one fan and the fix was to replace the fan. My fan was working at full speed and when...
  2. L

Celestica D4040

The link is available for 1 week so get it fast. https://we.tl/t-N2vSpT3LCE
  3. L

Thanks, at least now I know what to look for. I wonder why it was not populated, I see it as limitation for expansion.
  4. L

Nokia WBX 210 32x-100gbe QSFP28 switch

Run a Linux VM as a sandbox, make a snapshot before and when you finish revert it back to have it clean. Use NoScript addon and enable one by one the sites until it is somehow working. Scribd is quite annoying but they have sometimes good PDFs there. For 4shared, make an account and you can...
  5. L

Nokia WBX 210 32x-100gbe QSFP28 switch

I didn't get a hold of it. I only found it. First I looked for some installation manual or recovery manual and after I saw the file names used there so I tried different search engines and it found that link. Yes, you are right about power consumption. That is really too high but you can expect...
  6. L

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

From what I experimented, if the card looks like the stock card it can be cross flashed. If the PCB or cooling part is different you must pay attention. From my experiments the cards were not bricked but you cannot get the ports up and running so make sure you have a backup of the original...
  7. L

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Thanks Klui. I will try to figure it out. :)
  8. L

It is already running MLNX-OS but I want it debranded. Appendix 3 is not related to my post and what I want to achieve.
  9. L

I know but if prices for T4 will still be high I will maybe go for a dual slot Quadro. I also have it fully loaded with 3.5" drives, 2x SSDs on the back and 2x Mellanox CX4 in the middle slots on the motherboard. BTW: Do you know what riser I can buy to fit it under the 2 back side drives? I...
  10. L

I think the power is taken from both slots but first slot delivers more. I also replaced my PSUs with 1200W ones. I am thinking to get some Tesla T4 but for the moment they are pricey...
  11. L

Stephan already posted the procedure to make a backup of the EEPROM on the previous page. Read backplate_fru and cpu_fru EEPROMs: /opt/tms/bin/mellaggra _read_fru 1 0x51 1000 fru_backplate.bin or /opt/tms/bin/mellaggra _read_fru 8 0x51 1000 fru_backplate.bin /opt/tms/bin/mellaggra _read_fru 0...
  12. L

I think it can deliver more because looking at the 2 slot vs. 3 slot riser the 2 slot riser with extra power connectors has the PCIe pins that goes into the motherboard in different way maybe to support more power. I mean this:
  13. L

For sure this script will not work on the 6036. It must be adapted to the 6036 based on the OEM EEPROM from a 6036 model.
  14. L

Hello Stephan, Do you have a script to patch the EEPROM for the 6036? I have an IBM branded one and I would like to make it OEM. Thanks!
  15. L

What power cables did you use between GPU and riser card? I see the riser card with 2 x16 PCIe slots has a slightly different PCB pins on the PCIe slot that goes in the motherboard maybe to support more power for the connectors.
  16. L

Where do you see any EEPROM on those risers? I am looking at the BC11PERH with 2x PCIe x16 (electricaly 1x x8 and 1x x16) and also BC11PERG with 1x x16 and 2x x8 (electrically all 3 are x8) and what I see is a TI PD545A (similar with the NXP PCA9545A) for the 3x x8 riser and an NXP PCA9545A...
  17. L

Used HGST He10 drives -- good value?

The seller only said the drives are OK and "seller refurbished". He didn't even post any accumulated hours for the drives. I did a hex editor check on the drives and they were not wiped. They were part of some array because I saw some headers there. I didn't bother to check more and I made a low...
  18. L

Used HGST He10 drives -- good value?

I also bought some He10 used SAS drives and 2 of them had many reallocated sectors and the seller replaced them. After 2 months one drive failed in a strange way that I cannot even see the SMART values. I guess it's about luck with "refurbished" drives. An eBay reseller what can it refurbish in...
  19. L

Mellanox Connect X3 Pro not recognized by T730

One thing I noticed is this: FW Version: 2.42.5000 FW Version(Running): 2.33.5100 Looks like you upgraded the firmware of the card but still running some older firmware. What do you mean not detected by the BIOS? Only in UEFI BIOS you can see the network cards but ONLY in the...
  20. L

X10SDV-8C+-LN2F Rev 2.00 doesn't power on but BMC is OK

I didn't connect any cables from JF1. I am only shorting the "power on" pins to power on the MB. 4 pin 12V DC is the additional CPU connector on the ATX PSUs. There are also some adapters that use the same 4 pin CPU connector and have it soldered to the standard 5.5/2.5mm barrel connector to...