Search results

1. mephisto

I've created a small tutorial showing how to deploy teams with telephony (phone numbers)

Hello, I've noticed there was no tutorial showing how to deploy Teams / Phone System from scratch so I've created one. A test environment can be easily created with an Office 365 trial and even phone numbers assigned to the system with a calling plan with no costs under the trial period. I...
  2. mephisto

16x and 24 port 10GB switch options for datacentre, or perhaps infiniband

Hi guys, I'm planning to refresh some servers I have at a datacentre and I'm planning to get everything on 10GB network. The idea is to use a couple of ZFS boxes replicating data to each other and between 4 to 6 hosts with VMware ESXi running the VMs over NFS on the ZFS boxes. My idea is to...
  3. mephisto

Refreshing servers, consolidating with new high end boxes, less power consumption

Hi guys, I'm planning now to replace all my Dell R710 boxes which are 5-6 years old with dual socket quad core cpus, lagging a lot these days and consuming a lot of power. I'm considering supermicro kit, and actually I've noticed that are a few more manufacturers around but I'm still not sure...
  4. mephisto

Shared storage options for VMware ESXi

Hey guys, Currently I have a couple of Dell MD3200 (SAS) plugged to a few ESXi hosts, which has done the job back in the day but now is a performance bottleneck, plus it is connected through SAS, limiting the quantity of hosts we can connect to it, and also has the propriety rebranded disks, so...
  5. mephisto

Intel H77 and Perc H200/6I

Hi guys, I've got a machine here with a Biostar motherboard TZ77B intel chipset Z77 that I'm trying to use with a hardware raid controller. For some reason with both H200 and 6/I the motherboard beeps like crazy intermittently, no post. With a Dell HBA for external SAS connector, it works...