Search results

1. E

UK 15.36TB Samsung PM1733 NVMe SSDs for £389.99, plus other bits from the same seller

I think the tool uploads the firmware to the drive, then the controller checks the signature against the one stored inside it to decide whether to commit it to one of the three slots. Or at least that's what it seems to be doing.
  2. E

UK 15.36TB Samsung PM1733 NVMe SSDs for £389.99, plus other bits from the same seller

They've started selling them in packs of 10: 10pcs 15TB DELL EMC 11800837 SAMSUNG PM1733 2.5" U.2 NVME SSD Solid State Drives | eBay
  3. E

Sorry about that. They also said they can't tell how many of the 40+ sales that happened after I posted up and talked to a bunch of people were because of me and how many were people finding it naturally so they're not giving me much either.
  4. E

I've just tried one of mine in a USB to U.2 adapter and it was only using about 10W of a 36W PSU when writing, so they're not ridiculously power hungry. It didn't scale down lower than that when idling though. I don't have a way to measure power consumption when it's in my server, so that's the...
  5. E

It's worth a shot. They may give you a refund. Also, if enough people say they bought because of this post then I get some free stuff too.
  6. E

You may still be able to get the £10 discount per drive by mentioning my name too, but I've not confirmed.
  7. E

There's an extra 10% off now using COLLECT10
  8. E

It did. I can't post full SMART data, but the drives all have less than 30 hours use, less than 80GB written, and seem pristine. There are no worrying stats I could see. I successfully altered the sector size to 4k on one in nvme-cli (took 10s as it doesn't need to overwrite like SAS hard...
  9. E

If it idles that high then it's not ideal, but the difference between this price and the price of any other 15.36TB drive will pay for the electricity for a good few years. I'll see what the power consumption is when I get mine and go from there. I'm planning on using one as a game drive (so...
  10. E

I got a message to say the managers are discussing it. I wouldn't expect an answer today/over the weekend though as they seem to work normal 9-5 hours. The drives I bought were shipped today and should be here by Monday. I'll try to check SMART stats etc and post them up when I receive them.
  11. E

The listing says ~30 hours of use, so practically new
  12. E

I found this GitHub issue which talks about how to flash the stock drive to fix SR-IOV on them. The same process might flash stock firmware to these?
  13. E

The seller may ship to the US if you ask him. eBay's global shipping is zero effort for sellers, and you'd probably get to take the 20% UK VAT off the price too.
  14. E

I think it's a registered business, so anyone outside the UK should get 20% off anyway as you wouldn't pay UK VAT. Best to ask the seller though.
  15. E

They seem to have Dell/EMC firmware, but maybe they can be flashed back to stock. The seller assured me they work. If not then they have a 60 day guarantee, which you can usually trust from UK businesses due to all the laws around warranties. I've not received mine yet but I'll post up here...
  16. E

It's mad out there. I've had my eye on this one for a while and the seller recently reduced them from £599 to £399. I guess normal people don't search for 15TB drives as they're outside the scope of what people know exists. That and they wouldn't know what to do with a U.2 drive.
  17. E

I wasn't aware of the firmware difference, but looking at the datasheet that would only really affect the read speed. If they can be reflashed then even better. I've already bought a few for myself because it seemed too good to pass up. Now I just need to find a use for them...
  18. E

This seems like the best deal I've come across in the UK, and I think the seller is willing to ship abroad. They're PCIe 4.0 (edit: although the EMC firmware limits it to PCIe 3), and have ridiculous read/write speeds. The only downside is that they're rated at up to 20W each under max load...
  19. E

delete

I have had great success with these narrow LGA2011 to AM4 adapters. You might need to cut the side parts out for some coolers, but they're so solid you can take all the sides away and they're still really strong. I've mounted Wraith Prisms to my 135W Xeons and they're never above 70C, usually...
  20. E

EU FS: Cisco Nexus Switch 5672UP, 5548UP

Thanks for the reply. That's unfortunate, I thought I was first to say I wanted it. Did it sell elsewhere? If it doesn't work out then I'm definitely interested.