Search results

1. vv111y

Canada [WTB] 3X e5-2690v2 or 2695v2

I see several on ebay with an additional designation of "SR1BA" does that mean anything? Any issues with engineering samples out there? Anyone in the US able to ship to Canada? Thanks EDIT: updated title, looking for 3 now, either model
  2. vv111y

How significant of an issue is cable compatibility for 10gb and up?

I'm new to this and these are not cheap so I don't want to make a mistake. For my particular case, here and here are posts with relevant context in a hot deals thread.
  3. vv111y

Any value in Mellanox InfiniHost III Ex MHGA28-XTC Rev 4A for IPoIB?

I have these old cards and I know almost nothing about infiniband. Dual ports and 20gb/s, not sure if that is per port or not. Use case is for remote desktop and file sharing between workstation and gpu server about 11meters apart. Workstation is arch linux and likely a debian based OS for the...
  4. vv111y

Updated IPMI firmware X9-SCMf -> ESXi acting flaky

Firmware update from 1.01 to 3.88 for supermicro X9-SCM-F. ESXi IP address behaves strange. It worked for a short while then disappeared. Temporarily changed from x.x.x.21 to x.x.x.22 and it worked for a few minutes. Pinged x.x.x.21 and ping is reporting it is trying to ping x.x.x.195 ...
  5. vv111y

WTB: 42U square hole mounting rails

Thanks Patrick for getting STH back up, hopefully some folks will notice this and know where I can go. I ended up getting cabinets but with 10-32 tapped rails. So I need to swap them out. The best price I can do right now is penn-elcom at $21.99 CAD per rail. shipping for 8 will be about $30...
  6. vv111y

Deal? 24 3Com 5500G-EI switches auction -- $535 @Jan21

Don't know if this is useful, but just in case I figured I'll post it here. My experience it may go up to $1000 by the end of it. Located in NJ. 3Com 5500G Switches - 24 and 48 ports (24+ units) - GovDeals.com Gov auction, here is the blurb:
  7. vv111y

WTB 2X xeon ES-26xx & RAM

For the 4gpu supermicro board X9DRG-QF I need 2 xeon's: Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X9DRG-QF I also have the previous gen mobo Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Motherboards | Xeon Boards | X8DTG-QF For both I need RAM. I figure for the cpu's E5-2650...
  8. vv111y

Parallella: A Supercomputer For Everyone - Kickstarter Project

Hi, [Admin let me know if this okay] I'd like to promote this kickstarter project in the hopes it can actually reach its goals(s). http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adapteva/parallella-a-supercomputer-for-everyone I won't regurgitate all the info on the project page - I think they...