Search results

1. H

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

ecosse, thanks for telling us about your experience. I went ahead and tried it but still no success. This is what I got: First, my "SAS" SSD to be formatted. (Not sure if this device can actually receive SCSI commands.) SCSI ID : 1 LUN : 0 Connected to: Host1 / Channel0...
  2. H

Thanks for that but it didn't work. It seems these EMC SSD drives (Model: MZ - 3S92000/0C3, F/W VCC16C3Q) are hopelessly locked. I would imagine they can only be used with 520 block size software as mentioned above and that the firmware will not be compatible with a 512 block size format. I...
  3. H

Alright, I just tried it: no success. "Permission denied" I know these are old SSDs and it probably isn't worth anybody's time but it keeps me entertained. :) I'll keep on looking.
  4. H

There is a command in the sg3-utils website, "sg_emc_trespass", that nobody has mentioned here. It's not included in the Windows executables (or at least I didn't see it). Anybody know if this command could help in any way to format these EMC SATA SSDs?
  5. H

Just wanted to get back with some feedback. There was no change after connecting one single SATA SSD to the first SCSI port of my RAID controller in IT mode. I modified an original Dell PERC H310 RAID card into IT mode. I used the CentOS 6.10 Live DVD (USB actually, burned ISO image to USB using...
  6. H

Wingman5, I, too, bought those cheap EMC (Samsung, Model: MZ - 3S92000/0C3, EMC P/N: 118032714 REV A02) SATA SSDs mistakenly thinking they were SAS drives. I have now started my "journey" to see if I can reformat them to 512 bps. I recall reading in my old IBM Intellistation 9228 manual or my...