Search results

1. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Alright Zevrun, you helped clarify a bit more explaining how much trust you have in the networking in your own home. Thats a big thing for me, to see how much trust or knowledge from other's own experiences. I will probably do the same thing and have one 6610-48p and run everything off that and...
  2. D

I also enjoy building these systems. But at a $300 price tag and extra NICs, I don't know if it is worth the cost.
  3. D

At this point I don't need to experiment with it but I have VM's and two storage servers that the house and other applications run off of. I am trying to determine if stacking is worth the cost to keep these systems running. They are not for business, so it isn't money lost if they go down.
  4. D

Alright I have mixed feelings on stacking and LACP at this point. I see a lot of people who talk about stacking on this thread and homelab stacking. Yes this is not a full homelab and is the main network but until I get to full homelab, I work with this. I want to at least get a 6610 series. At...
  5. D

Hmm. Well I guess the only other reason to get dual psu is the fact that finding an extra isn't easy. But I still don't know which one to get and how many. I was originally going to lacp the 40G stuff but now it looks like single 40G connections is fine and single 10G connections is fine. From...
  6. D

Well I mean in the sense of if a psu dies the other keeps it going. It is on a UPS as well.
  7. D

So at this point stacking the switches has redundancy built in but the main goal is more ports? I did ask before how often network cards die or ports die. the reason for that is I have done LACP mostly for redundancy more than performance so if a NIC died or a port died. I at least want to...
  8. D

Well I would like 48 ports at least but don't really need more than that. So is it better to get two 6610-24p's and stack them or get one 6610-48p? I don't use all 48 ports but I have some more wiring to do so I may surpass the 24 ports. The benefit to two 24's is I get more 10G ports and...
  9. D

Now I am trying to determine if I should get a 2 6610-24p's and stack or one 6610-48p. Maybe two 6610-48ps and stack them, damn why is this such a hard decision.
  10. D

So stacking is a bit overkill haha? This is a mixture of a homelab and a the home network. I just like playing around with the tech too much. Sometimes going so extreme just because want to see how far I can go. Back to the questions at hand, so it isn't worth having a separated cards. If I were...
  11. D

Ok that is good to hear that I can still have 4 usable 40g ports. Sinc ea lot of you here have a lot of good knowledge, I suppose I can ask some advice on my setup. Currently- I have a dedicated computer running pfsense as the firewall and router. That runs into the LB4M switch and everything...
  12. D

Alright, I originally bought a LB4M and now came across fohdeesha's post on the LB4M thread about the 6450's and now the 6610's. I first looked at the 6450's but wanted dual power supply like the LB4M. So the 6610's became a option, although two can take up a chunk of power as my current LB4M...