Search results

1. T

Netapp DS2246 & LSI 3008 IT Mode Issues in Windows 10 for Workstations

Supermicro has refused to assist in troubleshooting. This is the last Supermicro product I purchase as their support is absolutely horrendous. They ran me around in circles for months wasting my time and then suggested that I contact sales to purchase one of their "certified compatible" server...
  2. T

Unfortunately not for the embedded 3008 based controllers - I have to have SuperMicro provide me with a custom firmware.
  3. T

From your C1 config: Flush Time(Default) = 4s Drive Coercion Mode = none Auto Rebuild = On Battery Warning = On ECC Bucket Size = 15 ECC Bucket Leak Rate (hrs) = 24 Restore HotSpare on Insertion = Off Expose Enclosure Devices = On Maintain PD Fail History = On Reorder Host Requests = On Auto...
  4. T

Supermicro has terrible customer service the tech I have been working with is grossly incompetent, combative, and has some issues with understanding English. I think I have narrowed the issue down to this: Expose Enclosure Devices = Yes Shows on your C1 card, while it is listed as = No on my...
  5. T

Here is a dump from StorCLI. Notice the "support JBOD=No" under the controller properties? Digging around on the Avago website this appears to be a bug that was fixed some time ago in the OEM firmware. I am wondering if SuperMicro is crippling the chip to sell more backplanes? I will give...
  6. T

I have two cables and two IOMs, I will try different cabling scenarios and see if that makes a difference. I have already tried using only a single cable but I think I didn't try switching that single cable to the other controller. When I used two cables into a single IOM6 it sees it as a...
  7. T

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Just for S&Gs here is 64 threads (for all tests) on a 64 thread capable CPU striped across 3 IODrive2. Pretty good example of how Fusion IO devices scale well with CPU power.
  8. T

I appreciate the help. This is going to be a project I think. Might have to track down some Xyratec controllers to toss in the shelf to get away from the Netapp strangeness. I am using my onboard SAS controller (on the Mobo) via a 8087/8088 pass through to a QSFP+ cable. I don't have any...
  9. T

These are for high bandwidth NICs but might contain useful information: https://community.mellanox.com/s/article/how-to-tune-an-amd-server--eypc-cpu--for-maximum-performance https://www.amd.com/system/files/TechDocs/56224.pdf Bumping the Read threads to 4 made a big difference.
  10. T

I am on an EPYC 7601 so all PCI-E lanes are hanging off of CPU dies, however there can be similar issues to a PCI-E switch when running very high bandwidth devices. I am wondering if I should try software to see if I can pin the fio driver to some idle cores. Part of me wonders if it is the...
  11. T

Also THANK YOU for your help keeping these cards relevant for broke ass cheapskates like myself!
  12. T

I figured out how to set all 3 at once with comma separation. All cards now reflect a 74.5W power limit, however it hasn't helped as I am still getting exactly the same performance issue.
  13. T

Ok so here is some new weirdness. I can set the power override for a single card. I have tried comma separating them but it is only sticking for a single card. As soon as I set it for one card it changes back to the default on the other two.
  14. T

I turned on power override for all of them with the wildcard option. Should I try it individually?
  15. T

Sorry NTFS formatted. REFS is a dog.
  16. T

3x IO_Drive 2 MLC 1.2TB in a striped storage space with column count of 3 and a stripe size of 64KB, formatted at 64KB. Using a 1GB file in CrystalDiskMark, typical file size for video runs around 400GB.
  17. T

CLI Version = 007.0813.0000.0000 Dec 14, 2018 Operating system = Unknown Controller = 0 Status = Success Description = None Product Name = LSI3008-IR Serial Number = 500304802484b500 SAS Address = 500304802484b500 PCI Address = 00:41:00:00 System Time = 02/26/2019 11:07:12 FW Package Build =...
  18. T

Running the following gives me: storcli64 /c0 set JBOD=on CLI Version = 007.0813.0000.0000 Dec 14, 2018 Operating system = Unknown Controller = 0 Status = Failure Description = Un-supported command Same error when simply trying to show the JBODs. I'm wondering if I reflash again to IT mode...
  19. T

I tried MegaCLI and MegaCLI 64, the latest versions I can find are from 2014 and it fails to locate the adapter. Is there an alternative for the 12Gb/s cards? I can't find anything on the Broadcom site.
  20. T

MegaCLI according to the readme file does not support any of the 3008 based/9300 series adapters. Good point I forgot to mention I have IOM6 installed and MegaRAID reports them successfully negotiating a 6Gbp/s link speed in the enclosure, but I cannot get them to show up in Disk Manager. Do...