Search results

1. J

Rack mount machine for Titan V cards

I currently have two Titan V cards and I need to build a machine to house them. (I would like it to house four cards but that seems even more difficult.) The machine needs to be rack mountable and have remote management, but a single CPU socket is fine and I only really need 128GB of memory. I...
  2. J

Non-Tesla GPU in a Supermicro 2029GP-TR

Not that I'm sitting here with the cards in hand and the server open, it is completely obvious why it won't work: indeed there is no clearance for the power connectors. Even something like the EVGA Powerlink doesn't look like it will have enough clearance; there seems to be only about 1mm...
  3. J

Non-Tesla GPU in a Supermicro 2029GP-TR

TLDR: Can put consumer GPUs in a Supermicro 6xGPU chassis using EPS12V to dual PCIe 8/6 pin power cables? So I have this Supermicro 2029GP-TR machine. It has some free slots. I also have two Titan V GPUs, and rather than putting together a system to handle them I'd like to see if it's...
  4. J

DDR3 ECC Registered RAM still manufactured?

Just had a DIMM fail in an older but perfectly functioning server (Supermicro X8DTU-F motherboard). The DIMM was manufactured by Kingston. Went to their site to look for a replacement and found that everything had been discontinued. I called them up and they told me that DDR3 ECC Registered...