Search results

1. M

Is it possible to get these SAS Hitachi drives to work on a "normal" system?

hi! as i know, some peoples find method how to reflash these drives... can somebody give us method to do this?
  2. M

Thanks dude , but Seagate drive not same as HGST drives. I flashed firmware on many seagate drives with no problem , and some hitachi models, but only Cobra D can't reflash any methods.
  3. M

Good news man, but firmware update need HYDATA DRT-SCSITOOL utility. I cannot find this anywhere. this is link to hydata 宏宇DRT-SCSITOOL服务器硬盘数据恢复工具软件 no clickable link to download :(
  4. M

Confirm this! i also can't find any flags that reports about active encryption! Also this HDD's perfectly can reformatted with any bytes per sector - 512, 520, 528 - look like drive is not read only mode.
  5. M

Can you try to reflash firmware from EMC drive to this?
  6. M

hi, i have tons of these drives , different versions and revisions. If you give me instructions how to get firmware from it - i will send firmware to you!
  7. M

Super Cheap Hitachi UltraStar C10k600 450GB 2.5" TCG Encryption Hard Drives

hice idea, i can try it, but i don't understand how controller type may influence to so simple operation as format... in this case controller - just a sender one string of command....
  8. M

WCE mean "Write Cache Enable" i don't think that it's a problem in this case. But about microcode update: - i download firmware update packacke from DELL, named SAS-Drive_Firmware_5WJWP_LN_A440_A05.BIN manually extract it with option --extract and run these command ./sasdupie -u -d -p...
  9. M

Super Cheap Hitachi UltraStar C10k600 450GB 2.5" TCG Encryption Hard Drives

I have similar HUC106060css60 disks with different revisions. and i try all options to format this . but no result anyway. every drive formatted without errors, but i cannot create partition on it. sg_readcap gives prot_en=0, p_type=0, p_i_exponent=0, also all drives doesn't have...
  10. M

look like this disk (HUC106060css60 and similar) not support SED and therefore it can be formatted ordinary SAS controller in IT mode. I tried any wariations sg_format with --six --fmtinfo=0,1,2, 3 options and differential block sizes - 512, 520 , and 528 sec. any kind of format...
  11. M

Anybody get solution for this HGST drives? i try to reset SED state on this drive but sedutils can't see it. Seatools enterprise can see this drive but not have similar flags .... Bump.