Search results

1. Z

No IP address on OmniOS?

I encountered a similar problem a few weeks ago. The reason was a missing default-entry in the routing table of my OmniOS-machine. Do you have a default entry in your routing-table (netstat -rn -finet)? If not, you can recreate it entering (supposing your gateway-ip is 192.168.0.1) route -p add...
  2. Z

smf-service to bring AirPlay to Sonos-speakers

I think I'm not the only one who's unhappy with the fact, that Sonos-speakers aren't able to be used as AirPlay-devices. After a few web-searches I found a node.js-solution written by Stephen Wan (who really did a great job, congratulation for this!) . I was playing around for a while before I...
  3. Z

Cant Access AFP shares

What about read/write permissions of dir "/LRS/TimeMachine"? Who is authorized to write to "/LRS/TimeMachine"?
  4. Z

Cant Access AFP shares

Have you set needed config-parms for timemachine in /etc/afp.conf, like shown in this example? [Global] ; valid log levels: severe, error, warn, note, info, debug, debug6-9, maxdebug log level = default:info ; location of logfile log file = /var/log/afp.log ; only allow connection from this...
  5. Z

Installing and setting up Owncloud on All-in-one with Openindiana

Please provide the following log-files... /root/amp.log /root/owncloud.log ...and please check the status of apache and mysql: svcs {apache,mysql} Are both services online? Unfortunately I don't have any time on saturday, so I think I'll check your answer on sunday...
  6. Z

ACL assistance for local unix user in a domain environment

The following command adds an ACL-entry with full read / write / modify permissions without touching existing entries for user www: /usr/bin/chmod...
  7. Z

Oracle VirtualBox with access via phpVirtualBox on OmniOS

Oracle's latest release of VirtualBox, version 5.0.0 is out since July, 9 with the following features: - Paravirtualization Support for Windows and Linux Guests - Improved CPU Utilization - Support of USB 3.0 Devices - Bi-Directional Drag and Drop Support for Windows - Disk Image Encryption...
  8. Z

running a mysql server on Napp It

The new amp-installer based on Joyents 2015Q2-pkgsrc-release is available with - Apache 2.4.16 - MySQL 5.6.25 - Redis 3.0.2 - PHP 5.6.11 - phpMyAdmin 4.4.12 The installer isn't available on napp-it yet, but I think gea will publish it soon. Meanwhile you can start installation by entering wget...
  9. Z

Hi epicurean, for beginners (as you wrote you are) there's no need to change anything of your configuration. My notes about mysql with ZFS doesn't really matter for a small SOHO installation, it will work perfectly without any changes. But if you really want to improve your MySQL setup, first...
  10. Z

A few remarks about MySQL and ZFS If you‘ve installed MySQL using the SmartOS-repo (like the amp-script does) the default data-directory of MySQL is „/var/mysql“. It is a regular directory on a ZFS-filesystem (usually rpool). For SOHO requirements it‘s perfectly good and normally there’s no...
  11. Z

Now I realize how you're typing in the commands... You're not using a native console, you're using napp-it cmd, that's the reason why /opt/local/bin/mysql_secure_installation fails.... OK, if you're not comfortable with the console, we try to enter phpmyadmin with an empty passsword. For this...
  12. Z

Hi epicurean, just try these commands: cd ~ ./mysqlsec.sh and answer the questions like described some posts ago. (./mysqlsec.sh should call /opt/local/bin/mysql_secure_installation) Try again phpmyadmin...
  13. Z

Hi epicurean, fine, mysql is online, I think you'll see phpmyadmin if you enter http://<your-server-ip>/phpmyadmin. The rest coudn't be so difficult. First enter: export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin Please post output of find / -name...
  14. Z

Hi epicurean, fine, mysql is online, I think you'll see phpmyadmin if you enter http://<your-server-ip>/phpmyadmin. The rest coudn't be so difficult. First enter: export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin Please post output of find / -name...
  15. Z

Hi epicurean, so I think now it's time to try reinstalling amp. To do so, enter: beadm activate pre_amp_setup_1436407558 reboot After rebooting has completed and your logged in as root again, enter wget -O - www.napp-it.org/amp | perl Take a coffee, this will take a while as you already...
  16. Z

Interesting, the mysql-datadir looks fine and the mysql-service seems to be OK too (entry "[ Jul 15 01:17:15 Method "start" exited with status 0. ]"). The reason for the maintenance state seems to be a restart which executes too fast (entry "[ Jul 15 01:17:16 Restarting too quickly, changing...
  17. Z

Before we reinstall amp, please post the output of the following commands: List logfile of mysql: cat /var/svc/log/pkgsrc-mysql:default.log List datadir of mysql: ls -al /var/mysql List BootEnvironments: beadm list
  18. Z

Hi epicurean, let's finally try to create a clean mysql-data-directory, please enter: rm -rf /var/mysql mkdir /var/mysql chown -R mysql:mysql /var/mysql mysql_install_db --user=mysql svcadm clear mysql svcadm enable mysql Have a look if mysql is still in maintenance state. If yes, I suppose...
  19. Z

I suppose your mysql-data-dir is /var/mysql.org. So let's try if I'm right, please enter: cp -R /var/mysql.org /var/mysql svcadm clear mysql svcadm enable mysql If mysql is online now, it should work now and you're done.
  20. Z

As you can see, the directory /var/mysql (=default data directory of mysql) is missing: [ Jul 11 04:10:03 chdir: No such file or directory ("/var/mysql") ] This doesn't look like a proper installation. Let's try to find out, where your mysql data directory resides. Please enter: find / -name...