Search results

1. C

Windows SMB performance issues

Hi all, Following up to the original issue I posted, Solaris 11.4 SRU9 has been released which fixes the problem we were experiencing. Announcing Oracle Solaris 11.4 SRU9
  2. C

In case it helps anyone, Oracle support got back to me, and believed this was due to a related bug (Bug 28971493 - 14.9% st_032 iperf204_TCP_IPv4_1M-msg_10 performance regression sparc). The command to issue a temporary fix is: echo "tcp_reass_max/W 0t1000" | mdb -kw This does not persist...
  3. C

Just to update. I did a test install of Solaris 11.3 on the same server, and set up a test pool using an Intel Optane device. I was unable to reproduce the issue under 11.3. Single device pool Intel Optane 905P 480GB (Read 2600MB/s Write 2200MB/s 550000 IOPS) compression=lz4 Solaris...
  4. C

I was able to reproduce this issue over NFS. I can reproduce this over NFS and SMB in Windows 10. I cannot reproduce the issue over SFTP.
  5. C

Here you can see copy performance from two different clients when copying individually; SingleMachineCopy.mov And then here you can see what happens to the performance when a copy is started on one client, and then as soon as another copy is started on a different client, both clients stall. A...
  6. C

So I tried all of the following with no success unfortunately; • Turn off oplocks with - sharectl set -p oplock_enable=false smb • Turn off multichannel with - sharectl set -p multichannel_enable=false smb • Turn off ipv6 with - sharectl set -p ipv6_enable=false smb • Try SMB 2 - sharectl set...
  7. C

napp-it snaps

Hi gea, thanks for that. I was in a hurry and searched the manual for 'uninstall' rather than 'desinstall' so I missed it.
  8. C

Thanks gea, that is super useful. I got lost in a maze of Oracle documents and could not find this. Thanks again!
  9. C

napp-it snaps

Ah ok good to know it's been fixed already. Out of interest, is there a way to uninstall napp-it?
  10. C

Hi gea, limiting the procotol sounds like a good idea. I've been looking through the documentation but have yet been able to find a way to do this unfortunately. I've already opened a service request with Oracle and provided their required info, hoping to hear back from them soon. Thanks for...
  11. C

napp-it snaps

I found the source of the issue - there were too many snapshots. Once the number of snapshots was reduced on the filesystem they started to show up again in 'Previous Versions' in Windows. They still don't show up for me in napp-it though unfortunately.
  12. C

I ran snoop on the server when the copy problem was present - there are lots of 'Unknown Length' messages - not sure if this is an issue or not; 548 0.00001 192.168.1.131 -> 192.168.1.2 NBT Type=SESSION MESSAGE Length=1456 549 0.00001 192.168.1.131 -> 192.168.1.2 NBT Type=Unknown...
  13. C

Hi gea, thanks for all your help and suggestions so far. I just created a pool on one of the Optane drives and shared it and I'm still having the same problem with that one drive. Would that suggest it's a network problem?
  14. C

napp-it snaps

Hi gea, thanks for the quick reply. Here is what I have under Menu snaps; Output of zfs list -t snapshot at console; # zfs list -t snapshot NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT arcadia@frequent-1549513676_2019.02.20.14.30.15...
  15. C

Output of 'kstat -pn arcstats' zfs:0:arcstats:buf_size 1120487808 zfs:0:arcstats:c 473409246464 zfs:0:arcstats:c_max 548324048896 zfs:0:arcstats:c_min 5493977907 zfs:0:arcstats:class misc zfs:0:arcstats:crtime 2369981.5340904 zfs:0:arcstats:data_freed 6402593728...
  16. C

I also see several entries like this in /var/adm/messages; WARNING: smb_kdoor_chkhdr[async_response]: call failed: 3
  17. C

napp-it snaps

Hi all, Does anyone know how to set up snapshots ala Timeslider on Solaris 11.4 using napp-it? I set up several recurring snapshots on our main filesystem under Jobs/Snaps and enabled the Auto service. This filesystem has two nested filesystems, each are shared via the CIFS service. Several...
  18. C

I spoke too soon. The problem persists even after turning nbmand=off on the filesystem. Tried disabling oplocks with; zfs set share.smb.oplocks=disabled and that didn't make any difference either. One thing I have noticed is that it only seems to happen when the client is connected at...
  19. C

Hi all, thanks for the quick replies. I just tried updating to 11.4.6.4.0 then and it made no difference unfortunately. We did not see these issues in Solaris 11.3 so maybe this issue is something that they have changed in 11.4. I am also checking with Oracle support. Forgive my ignorance...
  20. C

Hi all, We recently set up a Solaris 11.4 server based on the following hardware; SuperMicro SSG-6049P-E1CR45L 2x XEON Silver 4114 10 Core 2.2GHz (LSI 3008 IT mode) 512GB DDR4-2666 ECC RAM 2 x Intel S4600 240GB 2 x Intel Optane 905P 480GB U.2 24 x HGST 10TB SAS 2 x Intel X540T2 10Gbe NIC Our...