Search results

1. O

Not getting notifications, can’t update my @ddress or change my password

I’m not getting notifications because I need to change the email address associated with my account. But when I try to do that, Im asked for my password and I get a message that it’s incorrect. (Even though I can login with it, no problem.) I thought I’d just change my password (maybe the one I...
  2. O

Confused about high availability clusters, swarms, etc.

I’m building a home lab and I want to self host a few websites and several services like NextCloud, Joplin, PhotoPrism, etc. I plan to run each service in a Docker swarm for high availability and load balancing. I’d like to run all these containers on a HA cluster of servers; I have several...
  3. O

Rack mount replacements ears

I have an ARK 4U rackmount server case that I’m very happy with. Unfortunately, the ears were lost in a move. (Don’t ask why the ears were removed; it’s a long story.) ARK is apparently no longer in business so I can’t order replacements from them. Is there such a thing as universal replacement...
  4. O

Cheap, secure online storage?

If I want to run my own NextCloud server but I also want that data securely backed up offsite, who has the best pricing for 1+ TB?
  5. O

One big home server or several small ones?

Background: I have a media server that's been offline for a while. It has several disks between 1TB-3TB (JBOD) and room to add more. I built it to simply store all my CD, DVD and BrD rips. I played the files on an HTPC so transcoding wasn't an issue - but I retired the HTPC some time ago and I...