Search results

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Just because something is newer doesn't necessarily mean it's better. There's a reason why the "docs" still recommend 8.x. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/post-418206
  2. K

Power Consumption Thread

Juniper EX4550 - 32 10Gbase-T, only console port connected 1 PSU No stacking module No expansion module 135W @120V 1 PSU No stacking module 2x40G expansion module (switch does not support 4X10G channelization/breakout) TBD
  3. K

Are 100G Omni-Path DAC compatible with Ethernet NICs?

Just 1 data point. I tried an Intel OmniPath AOC and it did not work on my Mellanox/Celestica switches, nor Mellanox CX3 NICs at that time. Perhaps it's an AOC and sometimes they more susceptible to incompatibility problems.
  4. K

No, a "cable" means a physical entity that could contain separate components inside. Sometimes those components might be encased in an outer sheath, and other times those components might be attached to each other, like speaker cables. Look at a Category ethernet cable. It has individual pairs...
  5. K

Lenovo Tiny (M920q or M720q) with CX3 and SR-IOV

Yeah it helps if one reads the datasheet correctly. Max VFs, Defines the value of MaxVF exposed in the IOV structure. Valid values are 0-7. The value exposed in the PCIe configuration space is the value of this field + one.
  6. K

You have to look at the datasheet, specifically the section referenced in the URL. The maximum is 7 and it's the upper 3 bits of the byte extracted.
  7. K

I can't comment on your dmesg output. But check out this thread with the use of ethtool to dump and modify the EEPROM from an i350-t2. The data sheet is still available at that link. https://listman.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2017-August/msg00086.html
  8. K

Not only does your OS need to have SR-IOV enabled, but your card needs to have support for it. Take a look at How to enable SR-IOV in I350-T2 NIC and How to Check SRIOV NIC Card and Map Network Interface Name which is using it?. The first link suggest you ensure the slot you've installed the...
  9. K

Mellanox/Nvidia Connectx-7 fw update

No, private key will not be on the NIC. A public key is all that's required to validate the authenticity of any signed resource. The private key would be kept at Nvidia at a secure location and only used to sign that resource. In this case this is the internal certificate authority from Nvidia...
  10. K

Celestica Seastone DX010 - SONiC in L2 mode, need your help

SONiC doesn't support the SFP+ port. Neither does Cumulus.
  11. K

JunOS for QFX5100

I don't have a QFX but you can find 21.4 using a search engine. Follow the upgrade path only if you want to preserve the configuration; otherwise you can install from media and go directly to whatever version you want.
  12. K

Mellanox SX6036 Updating MLNX-OS and Gateway License Question

The MC2207411-SR4L works with MPO-8 cables. I've also attached a picture of a Brocade 57-1000294-01. My other Brocade transceivers have a noticeable gap in the middle meaning it doesn't require an MPO-12 cable.root@X9DRi:~# ethtool enp130s0 Settings for enp130s0: Supported ports: [ FIBRE...
  13. K

Mellanox SX6036 Updating MLNX-OS and Gateway License Question

For these optics you want to be safe and use MPO-12. They don't look like the 40G Brocade optics I have that only require MPO-8. I am not home so can't post the pictures of my Brocades nor could I confirm MPO-8 will work with MC2207411-SR4Ls. They are also spec'ed to 30m distance...
  14. K

Ruckus R650 vs TP-Link EAP660 HD?

Close enough. ;)
  15. K

Mellanox ConnectX-3 Windows 11

The problem with Intel and Windows 11 is they've deprecated their PROset utility so their cards won't have VLAN/teaming unless Hyper-V services's VMSwitch is used. I remember I tried to use Intel's PowerShell NIC libraries but couldn't get it to work. This link from Intel's community forums...
  16. K

I don't have any of the newer/larger APs. My 510s and 610 are mounted from holes transferred from LV brackets. The only challenge was making the screws the right depth so they rest snugly on the surface. I found out about the spacing when I saw contractors installed them in new homes years back.
  17. K

For folks who don't want to measure 85mm, it's the distance between mounting screws of a North America electrical/low voltage box.
  18. K

Until the complete log is seen anything could have happened but at least OP's issues got resolved. Rest easy @fohdeesha because your instructions are spot on. No errors going from whatever to 08090 then 08095 for me. The only annoyance was I decided to use Windows and had to set the network...
  19. K

Oh, I totally forgot about the push pins. Maybe heating up the component would loosen some glues. Perhaps the glues are a permanent solution.
  20. K

Celestica Seastone DX010 32Port 100G QSFP28 $250

I'm aware of that channel but never viewed that video before. It's very good. His others on Seastone are also good. While he speaks with an accent I find it kind of soothing and engaging--not sure why. The DX010 can't use the latest ONIE because the switch is too old and nobody has put the time...