Search results

1. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Anyone have a spare poe board to part with? Was hoping not to pay for a full switch just to get a poe board from it.
  2. S

I recently purchased an extra ICX6610-48 POE switch that i do not need i have updated firmware and poe software to confirm its working order. Licenses have not been done. If anyone is interested feel free to PM me to purchase.
  3. S

Potentially a stupid question but I have a icx6610 took some form of voltage hit and is no longer booting. Would one be able to simply remove the ram from the old switch and place it into the new one and be able to bypass the updating and licensing and need to reconfigure the modem to the...
  4. S

It honestly is just cheaper to buy a new one and just have spare parts or sell them at the price some of these are going for but i also dont want to take it back out ship and wait for another they ship ground and it takes a week so 2 weeks down and i already set this guy up with the network lol...
  5. S

Oh i am aware the corner was just bent but everything worked so after the rebate i got 6610 for basically 160 which i though was a steal at honestly anything less than 500 really when i first started looking at 10g+ switches. This one was just a complete bust i cant (last i looked) find a poe...
  6. S

Purchased my first one thru G-electronics or whatever on ebay. Packed like crazy no issues with box unwrap and the 10g ports have a massive dent in the corner got it to work dropped me $40 and said sorry. Got this guy looks typical used item but the poe board is bad and the wrong power supply...
  7. S

So i was able to find out the reason the sho inline power CLI didnt work... power supply sent was the 250.Placed in the 1000 watt and it came up with poe error show below. So i swapped it with another 6610 that got a power surge (big board on top in front by the actual 1G ports. Booted up had...
  8. S

Ok so i purchased a new 6610... because you know... live the good life you have to go back to it. Quickly got it updated and set up. So 2 quick things... If i do the sho inline power it doesnt show me any statistics it comes back blank. However if i go to the web gui or CLI i can manually turn...
  9. S

So my icx is pulling this error on start up not sure if anyone had this issue before or how to fix it. I hit b but cant stop the boot loader with B it just reenters back into it. ICX Boot Code Version 10.1.00 (grz10100) Enter 'a' to stop at memory test Enter 'b' to stop at boot monitor .BOOT...
  10. S

So power surge hit seemed to of taken a hit to my server and the icx6610 came home to a down network and the icx spinning violently. Not picking up address from web GUI telnet ssh and not recognizing it on the router either tried to serial connect to it but couldn’t get access to it. Gonna try a...
  11. S

I have done that quite a few times. Through CLI and the web interface. Every time i do it vlan10 never comes up with internet. Unless i have to write mem and reload? I dont save it because i can always reboot back into the original configuration if something isn't correct. Modem 190.1.2.1...
  12. S

I did that in one of the configurations a few times following the set up and I still couldn’t get it. Modem x.x.2.1 Switch x.x.2.2 Vlan10 x.x.10.1 I created a static route vlan10 to modem and I couldn’t get back to it. If you are routing through layer 3 in the switch what is the static route...
  13. S

Ok so i am not understanding what is going on with vlan set up. Default vlan 1 is obviously working no issues. I create vlan 10 for instance i move my server and main pc to it. Vlan 10 will not work but everything else in vlan 1 is ok. I create vlan 10 again i move my server, PC, AND port 1/1/1...
  14. S

This would be the correct one... https://www.amazon.com/Jeirdus-MPO-MPO-Multimode-Transceivers-20-meter/dp/B07FMGPTBG/ref=mp_s_a_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1549246889&sr=8-20&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mtp+20m&dpPl=1&dpID=51s0ye88QbL&ref=plSrch The cheaper version that would to be flipped would be...
  15. S

So prior to purchasing all of this I would like to run this by everyone to ensure i get the correct supplies for my upgrade. Basic setup is... ICX6610 in rack in garage Server in rack in garage Connecting these 2 at 40G 2X Avago 40GB QSFP+ AFBR-83PDZ Transceiver Parallel Ethernet InfiniBand...